Epping Boys High School
|Epping Boys High School|
|Marsfield, New South Wales
|Motto||Strive to Achieve|
As well as high musical achievements the school also has a strong sporting background and are high achievers in the academic field as well. The school has been placed on the Centre of Excellence program.
The school traditionally uses green and gold in its logo and student uniforms. The school tie for junior year students consists of gold stripes on green with white stripes and school logo, while for senior year students consists of gold school logo printed on a pure green background.
The school has four houses, which are based upon prominent figures in the Epping-Eastwood area. Pupils competing in sport, academic and other various events earn points for their houses. At the end of the year, the house with the most points win the house cup. The houses are named after the people who built farms in the Marsfield area. The houses are:
- Darvall (Red)
- Harris (Yellow)
- Midson (Blue)
- Terry (Green)
- John Abernethy - NSW State Coroner (2000-2007)
- Adam Biddle (footballer) - former Sydney FC football player
- John Cartmill - Professor of Surgery at Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University
- Iva Davies - musician, lead singer of Icehouse
- Stuart Dickinson - former rugby referee, most capped Australian referee at international level
- Michael Ebeid - chief executive of SBS
- Sam Gallagher - U20 Socceroos player in the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Brendan Kerry - figure skater
- Kevin Kim - member/lead vocal of South Korean boy band ZE:A
- Paul Murray - Sky News Australia presenter
- Jack Newton - professional golfer
- Brett Papworth - Wallaby
- Dr Ezio Rizzardo, awarded the 2011 Prime Minister’s Prize for Science
- Geoffrey Robertson - QC and Rhodes Scholar (1970)
- Craig Shipley - baseball player, second Australian to play Major League Baseball
- Jordan Simpson - BSC Young Boys football player
- Tyler Simpson - former Queensland Roar and Perth Glory football player
- Alex Wilkinson - Footballer for Sydney FC and the Socceroos
- "Centre for Excellence". eppingboy-h.schools.nsw.edu.au. Archived from the original on 17 March 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Community Cabinet Meeting - Epping Boys". dpmc.gov.au. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Simons, Polly. "Cartmill's No Ordinary Surgeon". northside.whereilive.com.au. 1 December 2009. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- Davies, Neville (1992). "The Beginnings of Icehouse". spellbound-icehouse.org. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- Kalina, Paul. "Lunch with SBS chief Michael Ebeid". smh.com.au. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Hassett, Sebastian (16 September 2009). "Young Socceroo Sam has world at his feet". smh.com.au. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- "Kevin Kim, a student at Epping Boys High School". kimjiyeop.com. 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2011.[dead link]
- There's something about Murray Switzer.com
- "Comprehensive school for baby boomer generation". weeklytimes.com.au. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- "The Nurseries of Australian Rugby Wallabies". braveandgame.com.au. 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- Rowbotham, Jill (12 October 2011). "PM's Prize for Science". theaustralian.com.au. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "NSW Rhodes Scholars 1904 - 2009". sydney.edu.au. 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- "NSW CHS State Championships - 2002". nswschoolsfootball.org.au. Retrieved 19 December 2010.