Epstein–Barr virus latent membrane protein 1
Epstein–Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is an Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) protein that regulates its own expression and the expression of human genes. LMP1 has a molecular weight of approximately 63 kDa, and its expression induces many of the changes associated with EBV infections and activation of primary B cells. LMP1 is the best-documented oncoprotein of the EBV latent gene products, as it is expressed in most EBV-related human cancers.
The structure of LMP1 consists of a short cytoplasmic N-terminus tail, six trans-membrane domains, and a long cytoplasmic C-terminus, which contains three activating domains: CTARt, CTAR2, and CTAR3. Each CTAR domain contains an amino acid sequence that serves as a recognition site for cellular adaptors to bind and trigger a series of signal transduction pathways that can lead to a change in gene expression.
- Pratt, Z; Zhang, J; Sugden, B. (2012). "The latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) oncogene of Epstein–Barr virus can simultaneously induce and inhibit apoptosis in B cells". Journal of Virology. 86 (8): 4380–4393. PMC . PMID 22318153. doi:10.1128/JVI.06966-11.
- Gupta (2011). "Latent Membrane Protein 1 as a molecular adjuvant for single-cycle lentiviral vaccines". Retrovirology. 8 (1): 39. PMC . PMID 21592361. doi:10.1186/1742-4690-8-39.
- Ersing, I; Bernhardt, K; Gewurz, BE (Jun 21, 2013). "NF-κB and IRF7 pathway activation by Epstein-Barr virus Latent Membrane Protein 1". Viruses (6 ed.). 5 (6): 1587–606. PMC . PMID 23793113. doi:10.3390/v5061587.
- Li, H; Chang, Y (2003). "Epstein–barr virus latent membrane protein 1: Structure and functions". J Biomed. Sci. 10 (5): 490–504. PMID 12928589. doi:10.1159/000072376.
- Cameron, J. E.; Yin, Q; Fewell, C; Lacey, M; McBride, J; Wang, X; Lin, Z; Schaefer, B. C.; Flemington, E. K. (2008). "Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 induces cellular MicroRNA miR-146a, a modulator of lymphocyte signaling pathways". Journal of Virology. 82 (4): 1946–58. PMC . PMID 18057241. doi:10.1128/JVI.02136-07.
- Herling M, Rassidakis GZ, Medeiros LJ, et al. (June 2003). "Expression of Epstein–Barr virus latent membrane protein-1 in Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells of classical Hodgkin's lymphoma: associations with presenting features, serum interleukin 10 levels, and clinical outcome". Clin. Cancer Res. 9 (6): 2114–20. PMID 12796376.
- Andersson J (May 2006). "Epstein–Barr virus and Hodgkin's lymphoma". Herpes. 13 (1): 12–6. PMID 16732997.
|This virus-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|