- Not to be confused with Ireland's Gay and Lesbian Equality Network.
The Equality Network is one of Scotland's national organisations working for LGBTI rights and equality. Established by LGBT activists in 1997, it is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee (no. SC220213), based in Edinburgh. In 2011 it had an income of £374,000.
The Equality Network was founded back in 1997 as a national organisation working for LGBT rights and equality in Scotland and 2014 for LGBTI rights and equality in Scotland. It is a registered charity governed by a Board of Trustees.
It has received funding from some of the following organisations: the Equality Unit of the Scottish Government, the Grundtvig programme of the European Commission, the Equality and Human Rights Commission, the Big Lottery Fund and the Awards for All programme. It also raises money from individuals across Scotland.
The Equality Network has superseded the work of Outright Scotland. Over the past 17 years the Equality Network has claimed a number of victories for LGBT equality in Scotland including an equal age of consent, the repeal of Section 28, Civil Partnerships, Gender Recognition, adoption and fertility rights, hate crime laws, and most recently same-sex marriage.
The Equality Network won the Campaign of the Year Award at the Herald Society Awards 2012, and Campaign of the Year at the LGBT Youth Scotland Awards 2012, both for the Equal Marriage campaign - the UK's first campaign for same-sex marriage rights, established by the Equality Network in 2008. It was also shortlisted for Public Campaign of the Year at the Scottish Politician of the Year Awards 2012.
- LGBT rights in Scotland
- Community Development Alliance Scotland
- Pride Scotia
- Pauline McNeill
- Nora Radcliffe
Other national LGBT organisations
Other national organisations with a substantial LGBT remit
Other national equality and human rights organisations
- Amnesty International Scotland
- Black and Ethnic Minorities Infrastructure in Scotland
- Parliament Equal Opportunities Committee
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Scottish Inter Faith Council
- Scottish Government Equality Unit
- "Equality Network, Registered Charity no. SC037852". Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
- Gardham, Magnus (5 November 2012). "Political award nominations reflect a momentous year". The Herald. Glasgow. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
|This article about an organisation in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the politics of Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|