Equality Township, Gallatin County, Illinois
One of the Illinois Salines
Location in Gallatin County
Gallatin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1890|
|• Total||37.29 sq mi (96.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.94 sq mi (95.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.35 sq mi (0.9 km2) 0.94%|
|Elevation||354 ft (108 m)|
|• Density||23/sq mi (9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62934, 62954, 62979, 62984|
|GNIS feature ID||0428975|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.29 square miles (96.6 km2), of which 36.94 square miles (95.7 km2) (or 99.06%) is land and 0.35 square miles (0.91 km2) (or 0.94%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Lawler at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Elmwood, Equality Village, Hickory Hill Catholic and Level Hill.
- Gallatin Community Unit School District 7
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 118
- State Senate District 59
- "Equality Township, Gallatin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||East Eldorado Township, Saline County||North Fork Township||Ridgway Township|
|Cottage Township, Saline County||Gold Hill Township|
|Mountain Township, Saline County||Eagle Creek Township||Bowlesville Township|