From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up equator in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An equator is the intersection of a sphere's surface with the plane perpendicular to the sphere's axis of rotation and midway between the poles.
Equator may also refer to:
- Equator (schooner), a two-masted pygmy trading schooner
- The Equator (newspaper), a 19th-century black issues newspaper
- Equator (BBC TV series), a 2006 documentary series based on a journey along the equator
- Equator (Randy Stonehill album), 1983
- Equator (Uriah Heep album), 1985
- Equator Records, a Kenya-based record label active from 1960 to 1974
- Equator Records (Canada), a Canadian record label founded in 2006
- Equator HD, a geography-themed television network that broadcasts in high-definition
- Equator IRC, an Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration focused on experiences integrating physical and digital interactions
- EQUATOR, (Enhancing the QUAlity and Transparency Of health Research), an international health research quality initiative
- Équateur, a province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Équateur District, a district of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Équateur (film), a 1983 French film
- Ecuador (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Equator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.