From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up equestrian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word equestrian is a reference to horseback riding, derived from Latin equester and equus, "horse". Notable examples of this are:
- Equestrianism, the art of horseback riding
- Equestrian order, one of the upper classes in ancient Rome
- Equestrian statue, a statue of a leader on horseback
- Equestrian nomads, one of various nomadic or semi-nomadic ethnic groups whose culture places special emphasis on horse breeding and riding
- Equestrian at the Summer Olympics, a division of Olympic Games competition
- Demonym of Equestria, a fictional country in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Equestrian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.