Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up equestrian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word equestrian is a reference to horseback riding, derived from Latin equester and equus, "horse".
Notable examples of this are:
- Equestrianism, the art of horseback riding
- Equestrian order, one of the upper classes in ancient Rome
- Equestrian statue, a statue of a leader on horseback
- Equestrian nomads, one of various nomadic or semi-nomadic ethnic groups whose culture places special emphasis on horse breeding and riding
- Equestrian at the Summer Olympics, a division of Olympic Games competition
- The ship Equestrian, used to transport convicts from England to Australia, for example Alfred Dancey.
Equestria may refer to
- Equestria, a suburb in Pretoria East, Republic of South Africa
- Equestria, the fictional nation in which the television show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and its associated comic books, movies, and novels primarily take place
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Equestrian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.