This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: EQT
S&P 500 Component
|Founder||Michael and Obediah Haymaker|
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
|David L. Porges , Chairman & CEO
Philip P. Conti, CFO
Natural gas liquids
|2,074 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalent (2016)|
|Revenue||US$1.608 billion (2016)|
|-US$452.983 million (2016)|
|-US$452.983 million (2016)|
|Total assets||US$15.472 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||US$9.119 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
EQT Production is one of the largest natural gas producers in the Appalachian Basin with 13.508 trillion cubic feet equivalent of proved natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petroleum reserves across approximately 3.6 million gross acres, including approximately 790,000 gross acres in the Marcellus Shale, as of December 31, 2016. Of the company's total proved reserves, 83% are located in the Marcellus Shale.
Average daily production in 2016 was 2,074 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalent.
EQT Production also owns 6,550 miles of gathering lines and 18 natural gas storage reservoirs with nearly 645 MMcf per day of peak delivery capability with 43 Bcf of working gas capacity.
EQT Midstream Partners, LP
Via its interest in EQT GP Holdings, LP (NYSE: EQGP), the company owns a controlling interest in EQT Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: EQM). EQM owns and operates midstream assets in the Appalachian Basin.
The affiliated EQT Foundation has donated more than $37 million to charitable and philanthropic endeavors.
In 1884, Michael and Obediah Haymaker struck gas outside of Pittsburgh, PA.
In 1888, Equitable Gas Company was incorporated as a subsidiary of Philadelphia Company. 
In 1984, the company changed its corporate name to Equitable Resources, Inc.
In 1997, the company acquired Northeast Energy Services Co. (NORESCO) for $77 million.
In 2009, the company changed its name from Equitable Resources, Inc. to EQT Corporation.
In 2013, the company sold its natural gas distribution business to Peoples Natural Gas for $740 million.
- EQT Corporation 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report
- The EQT Foundation
- "Natural Gas is King in Pittsburgh".
- "Equitable Resources, Inc. History".
- David A. Waples (April 26, 2012). "The Natural Gas Industry in Appalachia: A History from the First Discovery to the Tapping of the Marcellus Shale".
- "Equitable Resources – Company History". Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "School News". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 21, 1995.
- "Equitable Resources pays $77 million for NORESCO". Pittsburgh Business Times. May 19, 1997.
- "EQUITABLE RESOURCES IN $80.6 MILLION DEAL WITH CHEVRON". New York Times. October 15, 1997.
- "Equitable Resources to Acquire Exploration & Production Assets of Statoil Energy" (PDF). PRNewswire. January 3, 2000.
- "Standard & Poor's Announces Changes to U.S. Indices". PRNewswire. December 11, 2008.
- "Equitable Resources, Inc. Becomes EQT". February 4, 2009.
- "Pittsburgh Business Times – Giant Eagle CNG station opens for business". Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "EQT Closes Gas Utility Sale". PRNewswire. December 17, 2013.