||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The 2009 fair was held on 14–21 March at Essen fairground. More than 850 exhibitors from 30 countries registered for the trade fair, which was visited by 213,000 visitors from Germany and around the world. Equitana is one of Germany's most visited trade fairs.
On 31 March 2010 it was announced that Equitana had entered into a ten-year contract to ensure that Essen which will remain the “horse world’s trade fair capital“ for another five events until the year 2019.
The 2011 Equitana took place on 12–20 March 2011. In 2010, Equitana will host a festival of equestrian sports, and in 2013 the Equestrian Sports World Fair will return to Germany.
There was also Equitana USA, a similar trade fair that was held in Louisville, Kentucky.
Equitana expos have been held biennially in Melbourne since 1999, attracting more than 50,000 visitors per event. In 2004, the event won a Victorian Tourism Award in the Major Event or Festival category.
In 2014 Equitana returned to the biannual format. In 2016 Equitana will be held at Melbourne Showgrounds from 17 - 20 November.
- Veronika Altebäumer (April 1, 2009). "Komplettpaket für Pferd und Reiter" (in German). WAZ-Mediengruppe. Retrieved June 5, 2010.
- Thyen, Christina (21 June 2010). "EQUITANA – Messe für Pferdesport, Reitsport, Pferdemesse, Pferde Messe". equitana.com.
- Terry Boyd (July 12, 1996). "Equitana USA equestrian event gets big response, making it a hot bet to appear annually". Business First of Louisville. Retrieved June 5, 2010.
- Equitana Melbourne
- "Landline - 1/12/2002: Brisbane Equitana the largest horse expo ever . Australian Broadcasting Corp". abc.net.au.
- "EQUITANA Brisbane - Equiworld Magazine September 2002". equiworld.net.