Equity-linked savings scheme
Equity-linked savings scheme popularly known as ELSS are close-ended,lock-in period of 3 years diversified equity schemes offered by mutual funds in India. They offer tax benefits under the new Section 80C of Income Tax Act 1961. ELSS can be invested using both SIP(Systematic Investment Plan) and lump sums investment options. There is a 3 years lock-in period, and thus has better Liquidity compared to other options like NSC and Public Provident Fund. ELSS is considered one of the best tax saving instruments.
The best ELSS funds of recent years are:
- Franklin India Taxshield
- Reliance Taxsaver
- Axis Long term equity fund
- DSP Blackrock tax saver fund
- Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96
- Five mistakes to avoid when investing in an ELSS fund
- "Funds aimed at enabling investors to avail tax rebates under Section 80-C of the Income Tax Act".
- "Investment in SIPs yields better returns than timing the market: Study".
- "What's a mutual fund SIP?".
- "Should you invest a lumpsum in ELSS?".
- "Choose the best tax saving instrument for you".
|This article related or pertaining to the economy of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|