Equity Bank Tanzania Limited
|Headquarters||Quality Centre Mall
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Total assets||US$142.42 million (Q3:2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Equity Group Holdings Limited|
Equity Bank Tanzania Limited, is a commercial bank in Tanzania, the second-largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania, the country's central bank and national banking regulator. The bank is a member of the Equity Group Holdings Limited, a large financial services conglomerate, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with subsidiaries in Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
As of September 2014, Equity Bank Tanzania Limited owned total assets valued at US$143.42 million, with US$107.68 million in customer deposits and a loan book of US$87.1 million. As at 31 June 2016, his bank was the leading originator of mortgage loans in Tanzania, accounting for an estimated TZS:96 billion (approx. US$45 million) in total mortgage loans. At that time this translated in about 20 percent market share of all mortgage loans in the country.
Equity Group Holdings Limited
Equity Group Holdings Limited is a large financial services group in East Africa. As of March 2014[update], The group had an asset base valued at over US$3.45 billion (KES:295 billion), with a total customer base in excess of 8.7 million, in the region the group serves. The companies that comprise the Equity Bank Group include the following:
- Equity Bank Kenya Limited – Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Bank Rwanda Limited – Kigali, Rwanda
- Equity Bank South Sudan Limited – Juba, South Sudan
- Equity Bank Tanzania Limited – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Equity Bank Uganda Limited – Kampala, Uganda
- ProCredit Bank Congo SARL – Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equity Consulting Group Limited – Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Insurance Agency Limited – Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Nominees Limited – Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Investment Services Limited – Nairobi, Kenya
- Finserve Africa Limited – Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Group Foundation – Nairobi, Kenya
Shares of the stock of Equity Group Holdings Limited, are listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE), under the symbol EQTY. The Group's stock is also cross-listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange (USE), under the symbol EBL.
As of October 2016, Equity Bank Tanzania maintained networked branches at the following locations:
- Prestige Branch - Golden Jubilee Tower, Ohio Street, Dar es Salaam - Branch Code: 3006
- Mbagala Branch - Kilwa Road, Mbagala, Dar es Salaam -Branch Code: 3008
- Mwenge Branch - Sam Nujoma Road, Mwenge, Dar es Salaam - Branch Code: 3007
- Arusha Branch - Arusha Trade Cenre, Uhuru Road, Arusha - Branch Code: 3002
- Mwanza Branch - Postal Road, Opposite Mwanza Hotel, Mwanza - Branch Code: 3005
- Quality Centre Branch - Quality Centre Mall, Pugu Road At Nyerere Road, Dar es Salaam - Branch Code: 3001
- Kariakoo Branch - Uhuru Road, Opposite JD Pharmacy, Kariakoo, Dar es Salaam -Branch Code: 3003
- Golden Jubilee Branch - Golden Jubilee Tower, Ohio Street, Dar es Salaam -Branch Code: 3004
- Supreme Centre Branch - Dar es Salaam
- Dodoma Branch - Dodoma
- Temeke Branch - Temeke
- Diaspora Branch 
- Moshi Branch - Moshi
- Mbeya Branch - Mbeya
- Zanzibar Branch - Zanzibar City, Zanzibar
- BOT, . "Directory of Commercial Banks Operating In Tanzania". Bank of Tanzania (BOT). Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- BOT, . (20 February 2012). "Bank of Tanzania Issues Commercial Banking License To Equity Bank Tanzania Limited" (PDF). Bank of Tanzania (BOT). Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- MXM (October 2013). "MFI Report: Equity Bank Tanzania Limited". MixMarket.Org (MXM). Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Business Daily Correspondent (23 September 2016). "Equity Bank dominates mortgage lending in Tanzania". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- Jackson Okoth, and Reuters (31 October 2014). "Equity Bank Posts 25% Jump In 9-Month Pretax Profit". The Standard (Kenya). Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Kangethe, Kennedy (17 April 2014). "Equity Group In 20 Percent Profit Rise to KSh3.8 Billion". Capital FM Online (Nairobi) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Wahito, Margaret (31 October 2014). "Equity Bank Restructuring To Form New Holding Company". Capital FM Online (Nairobi). Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- EBTL (5 October 2016). "Equity Bank Tanzania Limited: Branches". Dar es Salaam: Equity Bank Tanzania Limited (EBTL). Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- Ngugi, Brian (5 October 2016). "Equity Bank opens branch in Zanzibar". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 5 October 2016.