Equity Bank Uganda Limited
|Products||Loans, checking, savings, investments|
|Revenue||Aftertax: US$2.66 million (UGX:6.6 billion) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$146.3 million (UGX:370 billion) (2013)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Equity Group Holdings Limited|
|Slogan||Your Listening, Caring Partner|
The bank provides banking services to individuals and to small and medium business enterprises. As of December 2013[update], the bank was the fourteenth largest commercial bank in Uganda with assets of approximately US$146.3 million (UGX:370 billion), or approximately 2 percent of all bank assets in the country at that time.
Equity Bank Uganda Limited was created in 2008 when the Equity Group Holdings Limited purchased Uganda Microfinance Limited, a Tier II, Ugandan microfinance company for an all-share price of US$27 million. Equity Bank (Uganda) launched under its new brand on 30 March 2009.
Equity Group Holdings Limited
Equity Bank Uganda Limited is a member of the Equity Group Holdings Limited. As of March 2014[update], Equity Group Holdings Limited had an asset base valued at over US$3.45 billion (KES:295 billion), with a total customer base in excess of 8.7 million, in the region.
Equity Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Equity Group Holdings Limited (EGHL). The Ugandan subsidiary owns 11,333,333 ordinary shares of the parent company based in Nairobi, Kenya. EGHL is a large Kenyan financial services conglomerate, with total assets of nearly US$4 billion, as at September 2014.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Equity Group Holdings Limited||98.8|
- Head Office - Plot 390 Muteesa 1 Road, Kampala
- Adjumani Branch - Adjumani
- Arua Park Branch - Arua Park, Kampala
- Bombo Branch - Bombo, Luweero District
- Busia Branch - Busia
- Bwera Branch - Bwera, Kasese District
- Hoima Branch - Hoima
- Jinja Branch - Jinja
- Kabalagala Branch - Kabalagala, Kampala
- Kabale Branch - Kabale
- Kajjansi Branch - Kajjansi, Wakiso District
- Kalerwe Branch - Kaleerwe, Kampala
- Kasangati Branch - Kasangati, Wakiso District
- Katwe Branch - Katwe, Kampala
- Kawempe Branch - Kawempe, Kampala
- Kayunga Branch - Kayunga
- Kiboga Branch - Kiboga
- Kisoro Branch - Bunagana Road, Kisoro
- Kyengera Branch - Kyengera, Wakiso District
- Lira Branch - Soroti Road, Lira
- Luweero Branch - Gulu Highway, Luweero
- Lyantonde Branch - Lyantonde
- Market Street Branch - Market Street, Kampala
- Mbale Branch - Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - Mbarara
- Mityana Branch - Mityana
- Mubende Branch - Mubende
- Nakulabye Branch - Makerere Hill Road, Naakulabye
- New Taxi Park Branch - New Taxi Park, Kampala
- Ndeeba Branch - Ndeeba, Kampala
- Oasis Mall Branch - Oasis Mall, Kampala
- Ovino Branch - Nakivubo Place, Kampala
- Rushere Branch - Rushere, Kiruhura District
- Venus Plaza Branch - Venus Plaza, 14-18 Nakivubo Place, Kampala
- Wandegeya Branch - Wandegeya, Kampala
- William Street Branch - William Street, Kampala
- "The Board of Directors At Equity Bank Uganda". Equity Bank Uganda. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Kulabako, Faridah (24 April 2014). "More Local Banks Record Profits Despite Increase In Bad Loans". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- TARC (13 June 2014). "Banking: East versus West Africa". TheAfricaReport.com (TARC). Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Nyambura-Mwaura, Helen (18 April 2008). "Kenya's Equity Bank To Buy Uganda Microfinance". Reuters. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Nicoline, van Slingelandt (7 April 2009). "FMO Client Equity Bank Kenya Launches Banking Operations In Uganda". FMO. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Kangethe, Kennedy (17 April 2014). "Equity Group In 20 Percent Profit Rise to Sh3.8 Billion". Capital FM Online (Nairobi) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- EBUL. "Branches of Equity Bank Uganda Limited". Equity Bank Uganda Limited (EBUL). Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Anthony Wesaka, Jonathan Adengo (4 March 2016). "Banks merge branches to cut costs". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 4 March 2016.