Equity Bank Uganda Limited
|Products||Loans, checking, savings, investments|
|Revenue||Aftertax: UGX:28 billion (US$7.5 million) (2017)|
|Total assets||UGX:1 trillion (US$263 million) (2017)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Equity Group Holdings Limited|
Equity Bank Uganda Limited (EBUL), is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is licensed by the Bank of Uganda, the central bank and national banking regulator. EBUL is a subsidiary of Equity Group Holdings Limited, a financial services conglomerate with headquarters in Kenya and subsidiaries in six countries of the African Great Lakes Region.
The bank provides banking services to individuals and to small and medium business enterprises. As of 31 December 2017, the bank's total assets were valued at UGX:1 trillion (approximately US$263 million). In December 2017, shareholders' equity in the bank was valued at KSh5 billion (US$50 million).
Equity Bank Uganda Limited was created in 2008 when the Equity Group Holdings Limited purchased Uganda Microfinance Limited, a Tier II, Ugandan microfinance company for an all-share price of US$27 million. Equity Bank (Uganda) launched under its new brand on 30 March 2009.
Equity Group Holdings Limited
Equity Bank Uganda Limited is a member of the Equity Group Holdings Limited. As of March 2014[update], Equity Group Holdings Limited had an asset base valued at over US$3.45 billion (KES:295 billion), with a total customer base in excess of 8.7 million, in the region.
Equity Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Equity Group Holdings Limited (EGHL). The Ugandan subsidiary owns 11,333,333 ordinary shares of the parent company based in Nairobi, Kenya. EGHL is a large Kenyan financial services conglomerate, with total assets of nearly US$4 billion, as at September 2014.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Equity Group Holdings Limited||98.8|
- Head Office - Plot 390 Muteesa 1 Road, Kampala
- Adjumani Branch - Adjumani
- Arua Park Branch - Arua Park, Kampala
- Bombo Branch - Bombo, Luweero District
- Busia Branch - Busia
- Bwera Branch - Bwera, Kasese District
- Hoima Branch - Hoima
- Jinja Branch - Jinja
- Kabalagala Branch - Kabalagala, Kampala
- Kabale Branch - Kabale
- Kajjansi Branch - Kajjansi, Wakiso District
- Kalerwe Branch - Kaleerwe, Kampala
- Kasangati Branch - Kasangati, Wakiso District
- Katwe Branch - Katwe, Kampala
- Kawempe Branch - Kawempe, Kampala
- Kayunga Branch - Kayunga
- Kiboga Branch - Kiboga
- Kisoro Branch - Bunagana Road, Kisoro
- Kyengera Branch - Kyengera, Wakiso District
- Lira Branch - Soroti Road, Lira
- Luweero Branch - Gulu Highway, Luweero
- Lyantonde Branch - Lyantonde
- Market Street Branch - Market Street, Kampala
- Mbale Branch - Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - Mbarara
- Mityana Branch - Mityana
- Mubende Branch - Mubende
- Nakulabye Branch - Makerere Hill Road, Naakulabye
- New Taxi Park Branch - New Taxi Park, Kampala
- Ndeeba Branch - Ndeeba, Kampala
- Oasis Mall Branch - Oasis Mall, Kampala
- Ovino Branch - Nakivubo Place, Kampala
- Rushere Branch - Rushere, Kiruhura District
- Venus Plaza Branch - Venus Plaza, 14-18 Nakivubo Place, Kampala
- Wandegeya Branch - Wandegeya, Kampala
- William Street Branch - William Street, Kampala
- Buganda Road Branch - Buganda Road, Kampala
- Fort Portal Branch - Fort Portal.
- Vision Reporter (14 September 2017). "Equity Bank to hold investment forum in UK". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Kiggundu, Edris (30 April 2018). "Analysis: Here are the banks that made profits, losses in 2017 and why". Kampala: Nile Post Uganda. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Ngigi, George (1 April 2015). "Equity Bank readies Sh200bn for ten country expansion". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Juma, Victor (16 April 2018). "Equity injects USh36 billion more in Uganda unit". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Nyambura-Mwaura, Helen (18 April 2008). "Kenya's Equity Bank To Buy Uganda Microfinance". Reuters. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Nicoline, van Slingelandt (7 April 2009). "FMO Client Equity Bank Kenya Launches Banking Operations In Uganda". FMO. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Kangethe, Kennedy (17 April 2014). "Equity Group In 20 Percent Profit Rise to Sh3.8 Billion". Capital FM Online (Nairobi) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- EBUL. "Branches of Equity Bank Uganda Limited". Equity Bank Uganda Limited (EBUL). Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Anthony Wesaka, Jonathan Adengo (4 March 2016). "Banks merge branches to cut costs". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 4 March 2016.