|Single by Nightwish|
|from the album Dark Passion Play (Platinum Edition)|
|Released||December 5, 2007|
Tero Kinnunen & Mikko Karmila
|Nightwish singles chronology|
It is the same song as the instrumental “Last of the Wilds” from the band’s album Dark Passion Play, but with Finnish lyrics and Jonsu from Indica on vocals, and became the third single of the album after “Amaranth”.
The single was not, like the earlier single “Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan”, released outside Finland, where it peaked at number one in the charts. On January 20, 2010, German magazine Metal Hammer released the CD exclusively with the magazine in German speaking countries, featuring the CD plus two versions of "Escapist". The song is also included on the Platinum Edition of Dark Passion Play.
"Erämaan viimeinen" is not an exact replica of "Last of the Wilds". It has vocals and lyrics, there is no seashore-sound in the beginning, there is an additional keyboard-track in the C-part and the kantele-outro has been removed.
|1.||"Erämaan Viimeinen" (feat. Jonsu)||Tuomas Holopainen||5:11|
|2.||"Erämaan Viimeinen" (Instrumental)||Tuomas Holopainen||5:40|
|3.||"Escapist" (Metal Hammer Promo Single only)||Tuomas Holopainen||4:59|
|4.||"Escapist" (Instrumental, Metal Hammer Promo Single only)||Tuomas Holopainen||4:57|
- Tuomas Holopainen - keyboards
- Erno Vuorinen - lead guitar
- Jukka Nevalainen - drums
- Marco Hietala - bass
- "Erämaan viimeinen". Nightwish's Official Website. 2007-11-22. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Extended Search: Nightwish". Allmusic. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "The Band - Releases: Erämaan Viimeinen (2007)". Nightwish's Official Website. Archived from the original on 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2010-06-01.