|Comune di Eraclea|
|Metropolitan city||Venice (VE)|
|Frazioni||Brian, Ca' Turcata, Eracleamare, Ponte Crepaldo, Stretti, Torre di Fine, Valcasoni|
|• Mayor||Mirco Mestre|
|• Total||99 km2 (38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2017)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Assumption of Mary|
|Saint day||15 August|
Eraclea Mare is, together with Jesolo and Caorle, one of the main seaside resorts on the Venetian coast facing the Adriatic Sea. A steady growth of foreign tourists, especially from Germany, has been recently recorded.
In 2009, Eraclea Mare was awarded the "3 Sails" by the environmental NGO Legambiente. The city has been awarded the "Blue Flag" from the Foundation for Environmental Education every year from 2007-2017 for the cleanliness of its beaches and seawater.
Eraclea Mare is known for its pinewood and the "Lagoon of the Dead" (Venetian language: Laguna del Mort). The Lagoon, an unusual natural formation, was caused by the overflowing of the Piave river in 1935, whose bed was modified in its last stretch after a large flood. The Lagoon stretches between the Eraclea's Lido and the mouth of the Piave river and it is a sea-lagoon, being supplied with water only by the flood-tides. Still uncontaminated, the Mort is characterized by shallow and calm waters with a sandy and muddy seabed, rich in phytoplankton.
The city's economy is mostly based on agriculture and tourism, because of its 6 km-long beach (Eracleamare).
- Paolo Lucio Anafesto, first Doge of Venice (697–717)
- Marcello Tegalliano, second Doge of Venice (717–726)
- Orso Ipato, third Doge of Venice (726–737)
- Angelo Participazio, (811-827), 10th Doge of Venice
- Saint Floriano bishop of Oderzo with sede in Eraclea (...-620?)
- Saint Tiziano bishop of Oderzo with sede in Eraclea (620?-16 January 632?)
- Saint Magno, first bishop of Eraclea (632?-638?)
- Angelo Correr, bishop of Eraclea (1406-1410) (Pope Gregorio XII)
- Giovanni Contarini, bishop of Eraclea (1427)
- Nello Santin, footballer (1946)
- Population data from ISTAT
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Eraclea.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eraclea.|
- EracleaTravel InfoTourist Information about Eracleamare.
- Eracleamare's Portal Non-profit portal with some information and utilities about Eraclea Mare.
- (Google Maps)
- Eracleamare in Flickr
- Eracleamare's Blog Blog with some Touristic information and utilities.
- Webcam live service on Eraclea's beach Free provided by Eracleamare.net