|Traded as||Euronext: ERA|
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Christel Bories (Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||Mining and extraction of manganese, steel alloys and nickel|
|Revenue||€3,652 million (2017)|
|€567 million (2017)|
|€228 million (2017)|
|Total assets||€3,269 million (end 2017)|
Number of employees
|12,590 (end 2017)|
The company was founded with the funding of the Rothschild family (although they were careful to avoid being listed as founders of the company) in 1880. With discretion, the family took full control of the company in 1890.
Through its subsidiary Société Le Nickel (SLN), the company has its historical roots in nickel mining, and for over 100 years has maintained a large mining operation in the French overseas territory of New Caledonia. It is also a major producer of manganese from mines in Gabon.
Eramet is organised into three activities:
- ERAMET Manganese (48% of the group's turnover): Eramet's subsidiary Comilog extracts manganese in the Moanda mine in Gabon and then transforms it in its metallurgical and chemical factories located in China, in Europe and in the United States.
- ERAMET Alloys (32% of the group's turnover): Eramet elaborates special steels and superalloys as well as wrought pieces for the aeronautic and energy sectors.
- ERAMET Nickel (20% of the group's turnover): Eramet's subsidiary, Le Nickel-SLN extracts nickel in five mines in New Caledonia, mainly to produce stainless steel.
Eramet’s 47 sites are divided across the five continents as follows:
- 22 in Europe, among which 13 in France
- 13 in Asia
- 7 in North America
- 2 in Latin America
- 4 in Africa
Christel Bories, Eramet’s CEO, is at the head of the Board of Directors, which comprises nineteen members appointed for four years.
The Executive Committee has eight members.
- "Full-year results 2017" (PDF). Eramet. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "ERAMET Results for 2017 : lights are green". Eramet. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- The Cambridge History of the Pacific Islanders, Cambridge University Press, 2004, Donald Denoon, Malama Meleisea, Stewart Firth, Jocelyn Linnekin, Karen Nero, page 173
- Société Le Nickel
- "A new governance cycle starts for ERAMET with Christel Bories' appointment". www.eramet.com. 24 February 2017. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "Our key figures". eramet.com. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Our activity". Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Alloys-Our activity". Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Nickel-Our activity". Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Our Management". Retrieved 10 February 2018.
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|