4 November 1973 |
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film director|
In 2004 he directed the feature-length television drama The Long Journey. His cinema directorial debut, The Band's Visit (2007), was a critical success, winning eight Awards of the Israeli Film Academy and prizes at several international film festivals. Kolirin himself won the Israeli Film Academy's awards for Best Director and Best Screenplay.
His next film Beyond the Mountains and Hills was selected to be screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival. It was screened in film festivals around world, winning several awards, including Best Feature Film at the 2016 UK Jewish Film Festival.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "Venezia 68: International competition of feature films". Venice. Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-08-28.
- "2016 Cannes Film Festival Announces Lineup". IndieWire. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Cannes 2016: Film Festival Unveils Official Selection Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Kristen Klemens (21 November 2016). "UK International Jewish Film Festival announces award winners". Screen Daily.
|This article about an Israeli film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|