Erbert & Gerbert's
|Founded||Eau Claire, Wisconsin (1987)|
|Headquarters||Eau Claire, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|Eric Wolfe, CEO|
Other food products
|Revenue||$22 million (2007)|
Erbert & Gerbert's Sandwich Shop is a restaurant franchise specializing in submarine sandwiches. The chain was founded in Eau Claire, Wisconsin in 1987, with the first store opening in 1988. The company has more than 50 locations throughout Arizona*, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana*, Nebraska*, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin. (*coming soon)[needs update?] Its headquarters are in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Their shops are often located near college areas.
Kevin and Beth Schippers opened the first restaurant on Water Street in Eau Claire, Wisconsin in 1988. The store and sandwiches are named after characters in stories Kevin's father used to tell him. In 2003, Schippers was awarded Wisconsin’s 2003 Emerging Small Business Person from the Small Business Administration. Because of Kevin's desire to pursue the ministry, in 2003 Schippers sold the franchising company to investors led by primary owner Eric Wolfe. Kevin Schippers continues to own the original Eau Claire location.
Erbert & Gerbert's prepare their sandwiches by cutting the bread and taking out the soft white dough part and leaving the guts on top of the sandwich.
Erbert and Gerbert's main menu items are submarine sandwiches, and there are 16 sandwiches on the menu. Sandwiches take names such as Halley's Comet and Comet Morehouse, as well as made up names such as Girf and Narmer. The Erbert and Gerbert's franchise also has gluten-free products.
- "Erbert & Gerbert's Sticking to its Story". Reed Business Information. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- "Erbert & Gerbert's Sandwich Shop Reveals NEW Logo" (PDF) (Press release). Erbert & Gerbert's Sandwich Shop. March 31, 2010. Retrieved April 6, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Our History". Erbert & Gerbert's Subs and Clubs. Archived from the original on 2007-04-02. Retrieved 2007-07-30.
- "Restaurants". Erbert & Gerbert's Subs and Clubs. Archived from the original on 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2007-07-30.
- "E&G Franchise Systems Inc". Star Tribune Company. Archived from the original on 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2007-07-30.
- "President, Kevin Schippers Awarded Emerging Small Business Person". Erbert & Gerbert's. Archived from the original on 2007-06-24. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Erbert & Gerbert's creator finds new direction in life". Chippewa Valley Business Report. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "The Truth About the Guts" (PDF). Erbert & Gerbert's Subs and Clubs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-07-30.
- "Effie Awards : Winners Showcase : 2009 : A Sub Chain Facing An Uphill Battle". Effie Worldwide, Inc. Archived from the original on 2010-01-17. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Erbert & Gerbert's Candle Cannon". Erbert & Gerbert's. Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- "Nutritional Info". Erbert & Gerbert's Subs and Clubs. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "USA Today: E&G promotes Gluten-Free". Erbert and Gerbert's news page. Erbert and Gerbert's. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Udis Gluten Free Homepage". Udis Gluten Free Foods. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Hom, Kelly (9 January 2013). "Franchise Companies Promote Health For the New Year". USA Today. Retrieved 14 March 2013.