||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2014)|
|Location||Gdańsk / Sopot, Poland|
|Executive suites||940 (seating)|
|Capacity||15,000 (seating and standing)
11,409 (seating only)
|Field size||96m x 30m x 48m|
|Opened||August 18, 2010|
|Construction cost||PLN zł 251 million
EUR € 60 million
|Hala Gdańsk-Sopot sp. z o.o.
Trefl Sopot (2010–present)
Asseco Prokom Gdynia (most important matches, 2010-present)
Atom Trefl Sopot (2010-present)
Ergo Arena (Hala Gdańsk-Sopot) is a multi-purpose indoor arena, that was opened in 2010. The boundary between two cities – Sopot and Gdańsk – runs through the very middle of the hall. The arena has a capacity of 11,409 people, for sports events and up to 15,000, with standing places, for concerts.
Sport events, including the 2013 Men's European Volleyball Championship, 2014 IAAF World Indoor Championships and the 2014 FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship, as well as a part of the 2016 European Men's Handball Championship will be held at the arena.
For Athletics competition a six-lane, banked 200-meter oval is installed on the arena floor. According to an IAAF press release, the athletics track at the ERGO Arena, the venue for the 2014 IAAF World Indoor Championships, was officially opened for the 2014 season on Sunday 16 February and almost 6,000 people came to get a glimpse of the new track. Italian company Mondo made the indoor portable banked track with a Mondo Super X rubberized surface (13.5mm thick). Mondo's portable tracks can be assembled and disassembled in a matter of days. The company's claw locking mechanism locks the modular track frame in place without the use of screws or bolts, guaranteeing constant clamping force and perfect accuracy from panel to panel, and from installation to installation. Mondo's world-renowned Super X surface has been the world's top track for more than 30 years and was used at both the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics.
- "Fame monster Lady Gaga gigs in Gdańsk" (Press release). thenews.pl. 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2010-04-06.
- "Anastasi issues composition of Poland's national team for 2011 season" (Press release). Confédération Européenne de Volleyball. 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2010-04-06.
- "HALOWE MŚ 2014 W SOPOCIE!" (Press release). Polski Związek Lekkiej Atletyki. 2011-11-18.
- "FIVB signs agreement for Men’s 2014 Volleyball World Championship to be hosted in Poland" (Press release). Federation Internationale de Volleyball. 2010-09-08. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Mondo's indoor portable banked track to serve as competition surface for IAAF World Indoor Championships" (Press release). Mondo. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Official website of Ergo Arena
- Information for visitors
- Arena from inside
- Arena from outside
- Arena by night
|FIVB Volleyball World League
Ataköy Athletics Arena
|IAAF World Indoor Championships in Athletics
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hala Gdansk Sopot.|