|Look up ergometer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ergometer may refer to:
- Exercise machine, equipped with an apparatus for measuring the work performed by exercising
- Indoor rower, called an ergometer by rowers
- An instrument for measuring the amount of work done by human muscles
Ergometer comes from the Greek words ergon (ἔργον), meaning work, and metron (μέτρον), meaning measure. "Ergometer", therefore, literally means "work measurer". A bike, fitted with mechanical work measurement devices is also an ergometer.
- Erg, the unit of energy and mechanical work in the centimetre-gram-second system
- Dynamometer, a machine used to measure force or mechanical power
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ergometer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.