May 28, 1941 |
|Alma mater||University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Awards||Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Saul Gass Expository Writing Award for his book Introduction to Stochastic Processes, published in 1975 by Prentice-Hall. (2003)|
|Thesis||Analysis of Systems of Queues in Parallel (1965)|
|Doctoral advisor||Ralph L. Disney|
Erhan Çınlar (born May 28, 1941, Divriği, Sivas-Turkey) is a probabilist and Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. He was The Norman J. Sollenberger Professor of the department of Operations Research and Financial Engineering (ORFE) at Princeton University.
He received B.S. in Mathematics and M.S. and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research all from the University of Michigan in 1963, 1964 and 1965, respectively. In 1965, he joined to the department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences as an assistant professor at Northwestern University. During 1971-1972, he was a visiting professor in the department of Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University, and became full professor of Operations Research in 1972 at Northwestern. He then joined to the department of Civil Engineering and Operations Research as a professor at Princeton University in 1985.
Çinlar is the co-founder (along with Kai-lai Chung and Ronald Getoor) of the seminar on stochastic processes which is an annual conference on probability topics such as Markov processes, Brownian motion, superprocesses, stochastic analysis, and mathematical finance.
- INFORMS Expository Writing Award
- ""Erhan Çinlar", Eugene B. Dynkin Collection of Mathematics Interviews". Cornell University Library.
- Lebensdaten nach American Men and Women of Science, Thomson Gale 2004
- Erhan Çinlar at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Faculty of Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University
- Erhan Çinlar's biography
- The Department of Civil Engineering and Operations Research (CEOR) at Princeton
- Civil Engineering and Operations Research, Office of Communications at Princeton University announces that the Department of Civil Engineering and Operations Research Faculty split in two on April 9, 1999 in such a way that one will be called Civil and Environmental Engineering; the other will be Operations Research and Financial Engineering.
- SSP History, University of Washington
- Seminar on Stochastic Processes, University of Washington
- "Erhan Çınlar".