|Born||12 September 1894|
|Died||25 July 1960(aged 65)|
|Commands held||76th Infantry Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Erhard-Heinrich Berner (12 September 1894 – 25 July 1960) was a German general during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross of Nazi Germany. Berner surrendered to the Red Army in 1945. Convicted as a war criminal in the Soviet Union, he was held until 1955.
Awards and decorations
- German Cross in Gold on 24 December 1941 as Major in Infanterie-Regiment 508
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 18 January 1945 as Oberst and commander of Jäger-Regiment 28
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 38.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 111.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
Oberst Dr. Wilhelm-Moritz Freiherr von Bissing
|Commander of 76. Infanterie-Division
14 February 1945 - 8 May 1945