Eric Anderson (actor)
Anderson in 2015
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
Jessica Rush (m. 2011)
Eric Anderson (born December 14, 1972) is an American actor and singer. On Broadway, he has originated roles in Waitress, Kinky Boots, The Last Ship, Rocky, and Soul Doctor, and was nominated for a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical. He portrayed Mr. O’Malley in The Greatest Showman (2017).
In 2006, Anderson won the inaugural Joel Hirschhorn award for outstanding achievement in musical theatre, awarded by the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle. He received two San Diego Critics Circle Craig Noel Awards  and multiple Back Stage West Garland Awards as best actor in a musical. His performances on the west coast stage have included Don Quixote in Man of La Mancha, Dr. Frank N. Furter in The Rocky Horror Show, Richard M. Nixon in Judy's Scary Little Christmas, and Burrs in both versions of The Wild Party. Anderson is a member of the Troubadour Theater Company. He left California in 2007 to play Merlyn in a U.S. national tour of Camelot opposite Michael York, and moved to New York in 2008.
In 2009, Anderson made his Broadway debut as Stewpot in the Tony award-winning revival of South Pacific at Lincoln Center. He was in the original Broadway casts of Kinky Boots, written by Harvey Fierstein and Cyndi Lauper, Rocky the Musical, The Last Ship written by Sting, and Soul Doctor at the Circle in the Square Theatre, where he received critical acclaim for his starring role as Shlomo Carlebach. Anderson was nominated for a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical  for his portrayal in the pre-Broadway production at New York Theatre Workshop. Anderson originated the role of Cal in the musical adaption of Waitress on Broadway, written by Sara Bareilles. On October 12, it was announced that Anderson will play the role of Barney Thompson in the musical adaptation of Pretty Woman.
Film and television
Anderson is married to Broadway actress Jessica Rush, and has a daughter, Elliot.
Awards and nominations
|2006||Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award||Joel Hirschhorn Award for outstanding achievement in musical theatre||Won|
|2013||Drama Desk Award||Outstanding Actor in a Musical||Soul Doctor||Nominated|
- Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle - LADCC Awards
- Pacific News, New York Theater Guide, January 9, 2006
- Kinky Boots Cast
- Hetrick, Adam. "Shlomo Carlebach Musical Soul Doctor Will Play Broadway's Circle in the Square This Summer; Eric Anderson Will Star" playbill.com, May 29, 2013
- Hetrick, Adam. "The Verdict: Critics Review Shlomo Carlebach Musical 'Soul Doctor' On Broadway" playbill.com, August 16, 2013
- Clark, Jason. "Tom Hanks, Bette Midler and Steve Martin among 2013 Drama Desk Nominations" popwatch.ew.com, April 29, 2013
- Viagas, Robert. "Christopher Fitzgerald Joins Cast of Broadway Bound Waitress" playbill.com, November 4, 2015
- Eric Anderson on IMDb