Bicfalvi playing for Tom Tomsk in 2016
|Full name||Eric Cosmin Bicfalvi|
|Date of birth||5 February 1988|
|Place of birth||Carei, Romania|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Forward|
|2005–2006||Fink Fenster Petrești||23||(9)|
|2008||→ Gloria Buzău (loan)||25||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 December 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 8 October 2016
Eric Cosmin Bicfalvi (Romanian pronunciation: ['erik ˈbikfalvi], Hungarian: Bikfalvi Erik, Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈbikfɒlvi ˈɛrik]; born 5 February 1988) is a Romanian professional footballer who plays mainly as an attacking midfielder for Russian side FC Ural Yekaterinburg and the Romania national team.
In 2005, Bicfalvi began his senior career in the Romanian third division with Fink Fenster Petrești Carei, where he spent one year. During this period he made 23 appearances and scored 9 goals for the club. The following season Bicfalvi moved to Liga I side CSM Jiul Petroșani. After the team was relegated, he was signed by FC Steaua București on a five-year deal. In 2012, as his contract expired he subsequently joined Ukrainian club FC Volyn Lutsk. Bicfalvi ended the 2014–15 Ukrainian Premier League season as joint-top scorer with 17 goals, earning him on 7 July 2015 a transfer to Liaoning Whowin F.C. in the Chinese Super League. He did not adapt to life in China and after a brief spell with FC Dinamo București, main rival of his former team Steaua, he put pen on a contract with FC Tom Tomsk, newly promoted to the Russian Premier League.
Bicfalvi played for Romania at U-19 and U-21 level. In August 2013 his manager announced that Bicfalvi, whose mother is of Hungarian origin, wants to represent Hungary in the future. In October 2014 Anghel Iordanescu, the new coach of Romania named him as a possible call-up for the next European Qualifier against Northern Ireland. On 18 November 2014 he made his debut for the Romanian national team in a friendly match against Denmark.
Bicfalvi's paternal grandfather, Alexander Bicfalvi (Bikfalvi Sándor) / Alexandru Bicfalvi, ethnic Swedish according to gsp.ro and Hungarian according to nemzetisport.hu, was once a footballer of Victoria Carei; his paternal grandmother, Maria is of Romanian origin. Bicfalvi's father, Marius, died when Eric was 7 years old. Bicfalvi's mother, Elisabeta, is an ethnic Hungarian.
- Steaua București
- Top Scorers. Season 2014/2015
- 辽足官宣乌超金靴加盟 at sports.sina.com 2015-07-07 Retrieved 2015-07-07
- «УРАЛ» ЗАКЛЮЧИЛ КОНТРАКТ С ЭРИКОМ БИКФАЛВИ (in Russian). FC Ural Yekaterinburg. 23 January 2017.
- "Un fotbalist român, nemulțumit că nu e băgat în seamă de selecționer, vrea să evolueze pentru Ungaria!".
- "Magyar lenne egy román játékos". rangado.
- ORIGO. "Bikfalvi a magyar vlogatottsgon gondolkodik". http://www.origo.hu/. External link in
- SZFU. "Magyar válogatott lenne Bikfalvi?". Szatmári Friss Újság.
- "Magyar válogatott akar lenni a románok elfelejtett játékosa". csakfoci.hu. Archived from the original on 26 November 2013.
- "Maszol - A magyar válogatott felé tapogatózik Eric Bicfalvi?". http://www.maszol.ro/. External link in
- "Játékossors: magyar válogatott lenne a Steaua egykori játékosa? - N". NSO.hu. 13 August 2013.
- SZFU. "Iordănescu lehet a kapitány, Bikfalvit is meghívta". Szatmári Friss Újság.
- "OFICIAL: FRF confirmă varianta cu Iordănescu. "Secunzi" surpriză, Bicfalvi şi Puşcaş printre convocaţi".
- "Haginál a románok lecsaphatnak a magyar válogatottba vágyó Bicfalvira". Nemzeti Sport. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "Bunicul lui Eric, Alexander Bicfalvi, este de origine suedez, dar s-a stabilit in Romania si s-a casatorit cu o romanca, Maria. "Nu ma consider nici macar 0,1 la suta suedez, sint roman get-beget", a spus Bicfalvi.". GSP. 10 June 2007. Retrieved 10 June 2007.