Booker at the 2010 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
|Birth name||Eric Booker|
|Nickname(s)||BadlandsChugs, Badlands Booker|
|Born||1969 (age 49–50)|
|Updated on May 11, 2015.|
Competitive eating career
Booker trains for competitions by trying to stretch his stomach and develop jaw strength. He eats large amounts of fruit and vegetables and drinks a gallon of water in a sitting in order to stretch his stomach, and chews over twenty pieces of gum at a time to build jaw strength. He maintains that competitive eating is a healthy sport, and has lost weight since he began competing. He is presently ranked 10th by the IFOCE.
Some of Booker's accomplishments include:
- Burritos: 15 Qdoba burritos / 8 minutes
- Candy bars: Two Pounds Chocolate Candy Bars / 6 minutes
- Cannoli: 16.5 cannoli in six minutes / 2004
- Corned Beef Hash: 4 pounds of hash / 1 minute 58 seconds
- Cheesecake (Mini): 50 Mini-Cheesecakes / 6 minutes
- Doughnuts: 49 glazed doughnuts / 8 minutes
- Hamentaschen: 50 Hamentaschen / 6 minutes
- Matzo balls (Ben's Deli): 21 baseball-sized (half-pound) matzo balls / 5 minutes, 25 seconds / 2003
- Matzo Balls (Ruthie & Gussie's): 30 matzo balls / 5 minutes, 25 seconds
- Raw Onions: 8.5 ounces Maui Onions (three onions)/ Whalers Village / 1 minute/ August 8, 2004
- Peas: 9.5 one-pound bowls / 12 minutes 
- Pumpkin pies: 4⅜ Entenmann's Pumpkin Pies / 12 Minutes/ November 22, 2004
Outside of competitive eating, Booker is an aspiring independent hip-hop recording artist. Badlands has released several songs including "Hungry and Focused" to "Extended Play" and is still coming out with new songs. He works full-time as a conductor on the Number 7 Subway Train in New York City. Booker has appeared on the television series Wife Swap and Last Call with Carson Daly, where he served as announcer and "Eater in Residence." He also appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel Show.
Booker lives with his wife, Regina and son, Brandon on Long Island.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 10, 2011. Retrieved February 27, 2010. Eating champs to chow down at Everett wingding by Brian Alexander
- http://archives.starbulletin.com/2004/08/04/features/story2.html The Totally Earnest Eater by Pat Gee
- International Federation of Competitive Eating, Eater Profiles: Eric Booker. Copyright 2004. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 26, 2008. Retrieved December 30, 2008.
- Amy's Robot (blog) Robot-on-the-Spot: The World Cheesecake Eating Championship. http://amysrobot.com/archives/2004/09/robotonthespot_the_world_chees.php
- The Jewish Advocate; April 2005: by Nogg, Ozzie. Matzah ball-eating contest proves mother was right; Eric Booker cleans his plate, eats 21 matzah balls in five minutes. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5090/is_/ai_n18506795
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eric Booker.|