Eric Deis (born October, 1979) is a Canadian photographer best known for his large-scale photographs. In particular, his work addresses the "narrative potential of an all-encompassing picture plane".
Born in Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia, Eric Deis received a BFA from Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design in 1999, and an MFA from the University of California, San Diego in 2004. Deis is currently lives and works in Vancouver, B.C..
In 2006 his photographs of sunset over Burrard Bridge were exhibited at Vancouver's Western Front gallery. During the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Deis unveiled a 43' x 32' photograph, "Last Chance", on the side of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation building in downtown Vancouver. In 2011, Deis collarboated with artist Sonny Assu on the project Artifacts of Authenticity. In 2013, Deis encouraged the public to pirate his 360 degree image of Vancouver, titled Skybridge, that he took from the Skytrain bridge that traverses Vancouver's Fraser River.
- "Eric Deis: Vancity’s New View Finder". Canadian Art. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Curcio, Seth. "Eric Deis". Daily Serving. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Ayline, Keith. "Gigapixel Takes Extreme Hi-Res Online, Voyeurs Rejoice". Wired Magazine. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Canadian Art -- Eric Deis: Vancity’s New View Finder". www.canadianart.ca.
- "Eric Deis: Shadows Cast on Imagination’s Past". Emily Carr University of Art and Design. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "University of California San Diego - Visual Arts Department". ucsd.edu.
- "The hills are alive: How a nurturing artist residency in Banff helps playwrights move mountains - CBC Arts". www.cbc.ca.
- Womg, Jackie. "Vancouver photographer Eric Deis captures his city’s vanishing streetscapes". This. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Griffin, Kevin. "Sonny Assu: Finding Art in Surprising Places". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Fryer, Melissa. "Dual influences of culture shape artists’ work". Nanaimo News Bulletin. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Eric Deis Panorama Shows Amazing View Of B.C.'s Lower Mainland (PHOTOS)". Huffpost British Columbia. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Griffin, Kevin. "Eric Deis: Please pirate this photo". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "400 feet above the Fraser River: Vancouver's latest gigapixel panoramic photo". Vancity Buzz. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Eric Deis and Jeremy Isao Speier: Salvage". Preview the Gallery Guide. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Alumni Works Added to Vancouver Art Gallery Permanent Collection". Emily Carr University of Art and Design. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "2010/2011 ACQUISITIONS". Vancouver Art Gallery. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Video Out Collection". Video Out. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
|This article about a Canadian photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|