|Chief Official White House Photographer|
January 20, 2001 – January 20, 2009
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Sharon Farmer|
|Succeeded by||Pete Souza|
Biography and career
Draper worked for the Associated Press as a news photographer prior to joining the White House. His assignments included the 1996 and 2000 presidential campaigns, the 2000 Summer Olympics  in Sydney, Australia, the Kosovo conflict  in 1999 and the 1998 FIFA World Cup  in France.
Draper won the Associated Press Managing Editors' Award for three consecutive years, the 1999 National Headliner Award and was named 1992 Photographer of the Year by Scripps-Howard Newspapers for "Seeing Through the Flames," which was his coverage of the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
In April 2013, Draper released his collection of White House photos in, "Front Row Seat: A Photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W. Bush." The book presents a behind-the-scenes view of the Bush presidency. Through Draper's photographs, Bush's everyday moments to historically significant scenes of crisis of September 11, 2001. Time's LightBox said, "Draper’s portrait of Bush is authentic." The Washington Post noted, "Draper's book provides a unique and intimate look into his relationship with former President George W. Bush over eight dramatic years that changed America." 
- "White House Photo Director Eric Draper". georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "SLAM! Sports: 2000 Summer Games Photo Gallery". www.canoe.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Kosovo refugees wait for vaccinations at a Macedonian camp". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "SLAM! Photo gallery". www.canoe.com. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "White House Photo Director Eric Draper". georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Cerritos College - Cerritos College News Release March 2014". cms.cerritos.edu. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "College of Liberal Arts, CSULB » Blog Archive » Alumni Event: An Evening with Eric Draper, White House photographer and CSULB Journalism alum". www.cla.csulb.edu. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Photo Editors Who Made a Difference". Lens Blog. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Calabresi, Massimo. "Front Row Seat: Eric Draper on George W. Bush". TIME.com. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Grann, Nathaniel (2013-04-25). ""Front Row Seat: A photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W. Bush" by Eric Draper". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Photographs by Eric Draper.|
- Eric Draper Photography
- Official Biography of White House Photo Director Eric Draper (Archived)
- Bush's Photographer Shares Inside View of Presidency
- Front Row Seat: A Photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W. Bush. ISBN 978-0-292-74547-6
- Ask the White House - Eric Draper (Archived)
- Fox News video interview