A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Since May 2018, he is based in New Delhi, India and serves as UNESCO Director and Representative for a region covering Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Previously, from 2010 to 2018, he was Assistant Director-General for External Relations and Public Information at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) based in Paris, with the rank of Assistant Secretary-General (ASG).
From 2007 to 2010, he was Director of the Outreach Division of the United Nations Department of Public Information in New York.
From 1998 to 2002, he served as Director of the UN Information Centre in Islamabad, Pakistan, when the events of 11 September occurred.
Throughout the 1990s, Eric Falt held different positions in UN peacekeeping and humanitarian operations. In 1992 and 1993, he was based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, as Spokesperson of the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia (UNTAC). He then served in Port-of-Prince from 1993 to 1997, as Spokesperson and Head of Information for the United Nations Mission in Haiti (UNMIH). From 1997 to 1998, he was based in Baghdad for the Office of the UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq.
Before joining the United Nations, Eric Falt served with the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Chicago and in New York.
- Romauald Sciora, Annick Stevenson - Planète ONU: Les Nations Unies face aux défis du XXIe siècle -2009 - Peacekeeping forces p206 "Éric Falt: «En matière de développement, je pense que les Nations unies font office de compas moral tout autant qu'elles agissent au jour le jour sur le terrain de ..."
- Ahmed Rouadjia Les enfants illégitimes de la République -2004 p78 "... la ration alimentaire actuelle « n'apporte pas suffisamment de vitamines A et C, alors que son contenu calorifique gagnerait à être augmenté », selon le porte-parole de l'ONU à Bagdad, Éric Falt."
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- UNESCO Director-General appoints her senior staff
- UNESCO Director-General's introduction of her new Senior Management Team to Member States
- The media man in the Cambodian sun
- Haiti Orders out Foreign Monitors of Human Rights, New York Times
- Standoff with Iraq: in Baghdad; Annan Reaches Iraq Today as Many U.N. Employees Pull Out, New York Times
- Secretary-General Appoints Eric Falt as Director of UN Information Centre in Islamabad, UN Press Release
- UN and Pakistan map Afghan future, BBC News
- A torch-bearer for the UN, BBC News
- United Nations courts Hollywood elite, Los Angeles Times
- Weighing the Tsunami's Environmental Impact, NPR
- 61st Annual DPI/NGO Conference