Fenslerfilm (stylized as FENSLERFILM) is an American video production company, based in Chicago, Illinois, United States, and headed by Eric Fensler. The company gained a reputation in 2003 for a series of short films which parodied the public service announcement safety messages used at the end of every episode of the 1980s animated series G.I. Joe.
Fensler contributed music videos for the songs "Don't Mess With Illinois", "Hand Over Fist" and "Special Effect" by his fellow Chicagoans, electronic music group TRS-80. He also produced a music video for Daniel Johnston's song "The Monster Inside of Me", using footage from the Captain America animated series from the 1960s.
In popular culture
- In the movie tie-in video game, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, the developers Double Helix Games had planned to include the line "Porkchop Sandwiches" from one of Fensler's films as an exclamation, and had every voice actor record that line for its use. However, Hasbro rejected its use, citing the need to avoid damaging pending lawsuits.
- The second season episode "Hate Floats" of the animated series The Venture Bros features the character Henchman 21 wearing a "porkchop sandwiches" shirt in one of the few times he's seen out of uniform.
- Weezer's "Pork and Beans" music video, which features stars of internet viral videos, contains a scene in which young animated versions of the band are seen listening to G.I. Joe member Gung Ho.
- In the IDA comic book series of G.I. Joe, Storm Shadow indicates that he wants to leave early, as he's in the mood for porkchop sandwiches.
- In Duke Nukem Forever after killing pig cops occasionally Duke will say "Porkchop Sandwiches!". He will also utter the phrase "Body Massage!" after grabbing a vibrator in the Titty City level.
- "Fenslerfilm". Fenslerfilm. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- Baldwin, Rosecrans (May 7, 2008). "The Digital Ramble: Military Investigation". The New York Times.
- DeMartino, Joe (June 13, 2011). "Eric Fensler: An interview with the creator of the GI Joe PSA parodies". WFMU.
- "TRS-80 at Frenetic Fringe Festival Sunday". 29-95.com. August 21, 2009.
- ""Porkchop Sandwiches" Cut from G.I. Joe Game". Gamer Vision. 2009-07-10. Archived from the original on July 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-25.