|Born||Eric Andrew Heisserer
1970 (age 45–46)
|Spouse(s)||Christine Boylan (m. 2010)|
Eric Andrew Heisserer (born 1970) is an American screenwriter.
Heisserer's professional screenwriting career was launched with the sale of The Dionaea House to Warner Bros. in 2005, based on an online epistolary story of the same name that he wrote in October 2004. He then developed an original television pilot for Paramount Pictures and CBS, and wrote feature projects for Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Warner Bros.. In 2007, he sold a pitch to Regency Enterprises and Fox called Inhuman, a supernatural thriller set in Tokyo that combines live action and anime sequences.
In December 2008, Heisserer was hired to re-envision and rewrite the script for the franchise reboot of A Nightmare on Elm Street, produced by Platinum Dunes. An early draft had been written by Wesley Strick. The script went on to land director Samuel Bayer, actor Jackie Earle Haley, and began filming in May 2009.
In July 2013 Heisserer was set to write the script for the then upcoming thriller book Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Universal Pictures acquired the rights in February 2013 and now set the script for Andy Muschietti to direct the film. Heisserer co-wrote The Conjuring 2 along with the brothers Chad Hayes and Carey Hayes. Heisserer wrote along with artist Felipe Massafera and Colorist Wes Dzioba, the comic book series Shaper.
Heisserer is the son of Margaret L., a senior editor for a publishing company, and Andrew J. Heisserer, a professor of ancient history, of Norman, Oklahoma. Since 2010, Heisserer has been married to television producer/writer Christine Boylan. His previous marriage ended in divorce.
|2010||A Nightmare on Elm Street||No||Yes (with Wesley Strick)||No|
|2011||Final Destination 5||No||Yes||No|
- Hollywood Reporter article about the sale of Dionaea to Warner Brothers Archived December 26, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- Heisserer, Eric. "The Dionaea House" Correspondence from Mark Condry".
- "Writer Eric Heisserer Talks Getting Final Destination 5 Right". DreadCentral.com.
- "Eric Heisserer Paying Attention to the Hallmarks of 'Final Destination' Franchise". Bloody-Disgusting.com.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton to star in 'The Thing' Archived February 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Screenwriter Eric Heisserer Talks Bringing The Thing Story Full Circle". DreadCentral.com.
- "New Title for Fifth 'Final Destination', Opening Disaster Revealed!". Bloody-Disgusting.com.
- "Paul Walker Starring in Post-Hurricane Katrina Thriller 'Hours'". Hollywood Reporter. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Eric Heisserer In Talks To Adapt 'Bird Box' For Universal". deadline.com. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "'Mama' director Andy Muschietti in talks for 'Bird Box'". digitalspy.co.uk. 27 February 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "New Writer Tapped For The Conjuring 2". Dread Central. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Eric Heisserer Talks Space Opera In "Shaper"". BD. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Christine Boylan, Eric Heisserer". The New York Times. October 22, 2010. Retrieved October 9, 2012.