Eric Jackson (kayaker)
Jackson has been world freestyle champion four times (1993, 2001, 2005, 2007). In October 2009, Eric Jackson achieved second place at the freestyle kayak world championships in Thun, Switzerland. At the latest world championships Eric finished in 11th place (his lowest placing ever in a world championship event). Eric has been a member of the United States of America Kayaking Team, either in freestyle or in slalom, every year since 1989. In 1992, Jackson competed in Barcelona as part of the U.S. Olympic team, finishing 13th in the K-1 event. He is a two-time winner of the Everest award. He is the author of several instructional books and videos teaching many aspects of whitewater kayaking, including river running, playboating, rolling and bracing. His children Emily and Dane are also competitive kayakers.
After spending many years designing kayaks for various manufacturers, Eric founded Jackson Kayak in October 2003.
Books by Eric Jackson
- Whitewater Paddling: Strokes & Concepts (1999), ISBN 0-8117-2997-4
- Playboating: Kayak With Eric Jackson (2000), ISBN 0-8117-2894-3
DVDs by Eric Jackson
- Kayaking with Eric Jackson: strokes, concepts and bombproofing your roll
- Rolling and Bracing
- River Running: Basics
- River Running: Advanced
- Playboating: Basics
- Playboating: Advanced
"Pro Freestyle- 2013" "Expert Freestyle-2013"
- De La Cruz, Bonna (Jan 18, 2004), "Ex-Olympian turns Midstate hamlet into white-water mecca" (– Scholar search), The Tennessean[dead link]
- Hart, Lee (June 4, 2007), "Eric Jackson Honored with Second Everest Award", Outdoor Industry Association
- Kord, Mike (Oct 4, 2007), "Jacksons Unstoppable in Rodeo Finals", Canoe and Kayak Magazine