Eric Jager (born 27 April 1957) is an American literary critic and a specialist in medieval literature. He is a professor in the department of English at University of California, Los Angeles, received his B.A. from Calvin College in 1979, and his Ph.D. from the University of Michigan in 1987. He has also taught at Columbia University.
- The Last Duel : A True Story of Crime, Scandal, and Trial by Combat in Medieval France, 2005, London: Random House
- The Book of the Heart, 2000
- The Tempter's Voice: Language and the Fall in Medieval Literature, 1993
- The Last Duel, official website
- "The Book of the Heart in Late Medieval Piety", by Eric Jager, 1995.
- "Lost in the Archives", by Eric Jager, in The Chronicle of Higher Education, March 6, 2009 - discusses the writing of The Last Duel
- 'The Last Duel' Between French Knights, by Sheilah Kast, NPR interview, December 26, 2004 (audio, 10-mins)