Eric Johnson (tight end)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Date of birth:||September 15, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Needham, Massachusetts|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||252 lb (114 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2001 / Round: 7 / Pick: 224|
|Career NFL statistics|
Eric Maxwell Johnson (born September 15, 1979) is a former American football tight end in the National Football League. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL Draft. He played college football at Yale.
High school and college career
Johnson was born in Needham, Massachusetts. He attended Needham High School and Belmont Hill School in Massachusetts. He went on to Yale University, where he played wide receiver. He caught 21 receptions for 244 yards in Yale's come-from-behind victory against Harvard in the 1999 Harvard-Yale Game, including the game-winning touchdown catch.
Johnson was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL Draft. When healthy, he was a contributor to the 49ers passing game. However, he missed all of 2003 with an injury and missed all of 2005 with an injury as well. In 2004, he led the 49ers in receiving with 82 catches for 825 yards and two touchdowns. During the 2006 season, Johnson split time with tight end Vernon Davis, the team's first-round draft pick.
Johnson married freelance stylist Keri D'Angelo on May 14, 2005. Keri & Eric Johnson were separated on October 17, 2009 and their divorce was finalized in October, 2010. He began dating singer Jessica Simpson in May 2010. They announced their engagement later that November. The couple have two children: a daughter, Maxwell Drew (born May 2012) and son, Ace Knute (born June 2013). The couple married on July 5, 2014 at the San Ysidro Ranch, in Montecito, Santa Barbara County, California.
- "Eric Johnson". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- THE GAME: "Yale vs. Harvard, Highlights from the Series" New Haven Register, November 19, 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- Rennie Dyball and K.C. Baker (July 5, 2010). "Jessica Simpson Dating Ex-NFL Player". People. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Jessica Simpson Engaged to Eric Johnson". People. November 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "It's a Girl for Jessica Simpson!". People. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Jessica Simpson Welcomes Son Ace Knute". People. June 30, 2013. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "Jessica Simpson walks six miles a day to get a Toned Body before Marriage". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.