|Known for||Heron–Rota–Welsh conjecture|
|Institutions||Ohio State University |
University of Waterloo
|Thesis||A Formalism for Relative Gromov-Witten Invariants (2004)|
|Doctoral advisors||Yakov Eliashberg |
In joint work with Karim Adiprasito and June Huh, he resolved the Heron–Rota–Welsh conjecture on the log-concavity of the characteristic polynomial of matroids. With Joseph Rabinoff and David Zureick-Brown, he has given bounds on rational and torsion points on curves.
- "Eric Katz". people.math.osu.edu/katz.60/. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Combinatorics and more".
- "A Path Less Taken to the Peak of the Math World | Quanta Magazine". Quanta Magazine. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Hodge theory of matroids" (PDF), Notices of the AMS, retrieved 2017-07-03
- Baker, Matt. "Hodge Theory and Combinatorics" (PDF). 2017 AMS Current Events Bulletin. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Diophantine and tropical geometry, and uniformity of rational points on curves, arXiv:1606.09618, Bibcode:2016arXiv160609618K
- Eric Katz at the Mathematics Genealogy Project