This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kelso in 2001
Eric Victor Kelso
December 22, 1962
|Other names||Elic Kelso, Erick Keslo|
|Alma mater||University of California at Santa Barbara|
|Occupation||Voice actor, actor, director, presenter, producer|
He is best known as the voice of Paul Phoenix in the video game series, Tekken, as well as Guizhang Chen, Masayuki Fukuhara, Ren of Heavens in the Shenmue series and Jacky Bryant in the Virtua Fighter series. Outside of video games, he has also provided voices for many Japanese TV shows, films, radio programs.
Eric Kelso was born and raised in San Jose, California. He attended high school in Santa Cruz and went to the University of California at Santa Barbara where he majored in Film Studies. While at UCSB he received a Corwin Metropolitan Film Award for writing and directing the short film, "an echo en route".
Kelso has been active in Japan doing English-language and Japanese-language voiceovers for movies, television shows, children's programs and educational broadcasting. In 1995, Kelso provided live interactive voiceover and CG movement work for Mr. Mike, a sarcastic talking microphone character, around the world. Notable events include TELECOM 95 in Geneva, Switzerland, as well as at ASIA TELECOM 97 in Singapore.
He voiced the Japanese movie trailer for Disney's Mulan, as well as the part of River Guide in the Wild River Splash VR Simulator ride for DreamWorks at SEGA's Joypolis in Tokyo. In 2006, shortly after the merger of Tomy and Takara, Kelso provided the voice for the Omnibot 2007: i-SOBOT, which has been certified by Guinness World Records as "the world's smallest humanoid robot in production”.
Kelso began voice acting for the video game industry in 1996. In 1997, Kelso voiced the character of Paul Phoenix in the fighting video game, Tekken 3. In 1999, he reprised the role of Paul Phoenix in Tekken Tag Tournament, and continued to voice the character in Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, and Tekken 6.
In 2000, Kelso provided voices for the English dub of the Sega Dreamcast game, Shenmue. Playing the roles of Masayuki Fukuhara and Guizhang Chen, Kelso noted how expansive the project was, having a more developed storyline and more dialogue than other games at the time. In 2001, Kelso became the voice for another fighting game character in Virtua Fighter 4 called Jacky Bryant. He also reprised the role in Virtua Fighter 5, as well as side projects featuring the character, such as, Sega Superstars, Virtua Quest, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate In 2002, Kelso also worked on the sequel to Shenmue, Shenmue II, voicing a new character in the franchise, Wuying Ren "of Heavens". The English dub of the game appeared in the re-released version on the Microsoft Xbox console as well as the high-definition ports for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
|Doraemon||unknown||Gakken English dub|||
|1993-1998||Iron Chef||Masaharu Morimoto; Yoshiro Mori||Live-action English dub|||
|2001||Zoids: Century Neo||Additional voices||Alternate English dub; pilot|||
|2017||Sakura Quest||Mayor Naumann||Japanese dub (Ep. 27)|||
|2016||Under the Dog||Soldier|
|1991||New York and Boston with Eric||Host|||
|1992||Florida with Eric||Host|||
|1998||Mulan||Film trailer||Japanese version|||
Other Voice Work
|1995||Mr. Mike||Voice, motion capture; Interactive CG|||
|2001||Universal Studios Japan||Woody Woodpecker||Theme Park|||
|2007||i-SOBOT||English voice; Robot|||
- "Eric Kelso | Behind The Voice Actors". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved December 8, 2017. Check mark indicates role has been confirmed using screenshots of closing credits and other reliable sources
- "Voice Of Jacky Bryant – Virtua Fighter 4". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "SEGA Nerds interview with Shenmue voice actors". YouTube. 2015-07-09. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Voice Of Paul Phoenix – Tekken 4". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Voice Of Paul Phoenix – Tekken 5". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Voice Of Jacky Bryant – Virtua Fighter 5". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Voice Of Jacky Bryant – Sega Superstars". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Virtua Quest voice cast". Album on Imgur. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Voice Of Jacky Bryant – Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Voice Of Jacky Bryant – Dead or Alive 5". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Profile". Eric Kelso. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "The Voices of Iron Chef (1998, Live Action Series) – Voice Cast Listing at Voice Chasers". Voicechasers.com. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "TVアニメ「サクラクエスト」公式". sakura-quest.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Dead or Alive 5: Last Round voice cast (Japanese)". imgur.com. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "English Voice Cast Announced For NightCry ｜ Rely on Horror". Rely on Horror. 2015-12-30. Retrieved 2016-03-11.