|Also known as||Eric Jacques Levisalles|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, composer|
|Associated acts||Shakin' Street, Era|
Éric Jacques Levisalles, stagename Eric Lévi (Paris, 1955) is a French rock musician based in London.
In 1975, Eric Lévi founded the hard rock band Shakin' Street with Fabienne Shine, which would release the two albums Vampire Rock and Solid as a Rock. Shakin' Street briefly toured with AC/DC and the Blue Öyster Cult before disbanding in 1981. He then moved to New York, and back to Paris in 1992.
Later on in his career, Eric Lévi wrote the musical score to several films, including L'Opération Corned-beef the comedy Les Visiteurs which was an international success and one of the highest-grossing films of all time in France, and La Vengeance d'une Blonde. Levi wrote the end-credit song People And Places for La Vengeance d'une Blonde with Philip Bailey and Roxanne Seeman. People And Places was recorded by Dee Dee Bridgewater and Philip Bailey for the film soundtrack. It was released as a single and on the soundtrack album as a single, club mix, and instrumental version.
Lévi is best known for being the mastermind behind the musical project ERA, and for inventing the Latin sounding words of these songs. Era's self-titled debut album in 1997 proved to be a hit, becoming the most exported French album with over 6 million copies sold. A sequel, Era 2 was released in 2000, followed by Era: The Mass in 2003. The trilogy is characterized by a mixture of rock, synth, and pseudo-Latin Gregorian chant.
In 1999, he moved to London, where he lives today.
- Jörg Amtage und Matthias Müller präsentieren Alle Hits aus ... 2003 – Page 199 " Era Eric Levi (1955 in Frankreich als Eric Jacques Levisalles), gesungen vom English Chamber Choir 05/01/98 12 22 1 Ameno Philips 578 884"
- La vengeance d'une blonde, retrieved 22 October 2019
- "Dee Dee Bridgewater & Philip Bailey - People And Places". Discogs. Retrieved 22 October 2019.
- Discography of Eric Levisalles
- Official Era Site
- Official Shakin' Street site
- Alternative Forum of Era & News
- Eric Lévi on IMDb
- About Eric Levi including picture and full name
- An investigation into ERA music
- Bio and contemporary image
|This article on an electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|