Eric Lengyel is a computer game engine developer with expertise in 3D graphics, animation, physics, audio, and networking. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Davis and a master's degree in Mathematics from Virginia Tech.
He is the author of the textbook Mathematics for 3D Game Programming and Computer Graphics (Charles River Media, 2002), and he is the editor for the Game Engine Gems series of books. He was also a long-time member of the editorial board for the Journal of Graphics Tools and a contributor to the older Game Programming Gems series of books.
Dr. Lengyel founded Terathon Software in 2000 and is currently President and Chief Technology Officer at the company, where he leads programming for the C4 Engine. He has previously worked in the advanced technology group at Naughty Dog, and before that was the lead programmer for the fifth installment of Sierra's popular RPG adventure series Quest for Glory.
Eric Lengyel is credited on the following games:
- Formula One Championship Edition (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Heavenly Sword (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Warhawk (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- MotorStorm (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Resistance: Fall of Man (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Jak 3 (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire (1998), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- List of publications by Eric Lengyel
- Moby Games rap sheet
- Patent on Graphics Processing Apparatus, Graphics Library Module And Graphics Processing Method
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|