Eric Markusen (8 October 1946 – 29 January 2007) (M.S.W., University of Washington, Ph.D., University of Minnesota) was Professor of Sociology and Social Work at Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, Minnesota, USA, and Research Director of the Danish Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies in Copenhagen. He also served as Associate Editor of the two-volume Encyclopedia of Genocide, published in 1999.
Markusen's research took him to former Soviet satellites, Cambodia, Croatia, Bosnia, Poland, Serbia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Rwanda and Chad. His later study focused on genocidal violence in former Yugoslavia during the 1990s, and the genocide cases before the International Criminal Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda.
- Genocide in Darfur (with S. Totten, 2006)
- Collective Violence: Harmful Behavior in Groups and Governments (with C. Summers, 1999)
- Holocaust and Strategic Bombing: Genocide and Total War in the Twentieth Century (co-edited with D. Kopf, 1995)
- Computers, ethics, and collective violence (with C. Summers), Journal of Systems and Software, 1992, 17(1), 91–103.
- The Genocide Mentality: Nazi Holocaust and Nuclear Threat (with R. Lifton, 1990)
|This Washington (state) biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|