This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Eric Scott Melvin|
|Also known as||Melvin|
|Born||July 9, 1966|
|Labels||Fat Wreck Chords|
|Associated acts||NOFX, Punk Rock Karaoke, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes|
Eric Scott Melvin (born July 9, 1966) is an American musician and founding member of the punk rock band NOFX, a group that has sold over 6 million records worldwide, making them one of the most successful independent bands of all time. Though most recognized for his ability to play the guitar, Melvin also plays the accordion.
Melvin sings backup vocals on most NOFX songs and wrote guitar riffs on NOFX songs such as the intro for "Leave It Alone". His vocal style is iconically called the "Mel Yell".
On occasion, Melvin plays bass on tour with Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
Albums with NOFX
- 1985 Maximum Rocknroll
- 1988 Liberal Animation
- 1989 S&M Airlines
- 1991 Ribbed
- 1992 The Longest Line
- 1992 White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean
- 1994 Punk in Drublic
- 1995 I Heard They Suck Live!!
- 1996 Heavy Petting Zoo
- 1997 So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes
- 1999 The Decline
- 2000 Pump Up the Valuum
- 2002 45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough To Go On Our Other Records
- 2003 The War on Errorism
- 2006 Wolves in Wolves' Clothing
- 2007 They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!
- 2009 Coaster
- 2012 Self Entitled
- 2016 First Ditch Effort
- The NOFX album White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean was originally going to be named White Trash, Two Kikes and a Spic (Melvin and Mike are both Jewish and Hefe is Hispanic) but Melvin's mother was offended and threatened to tell his grandfather, so they changed it.
- Is a big fan of science fiction novels and has a tattoo reading 'Don't Panic' on the back of his neck, a tribute to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Used to own a popular coffee shop on Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood called Melvin's.