Eric O. Stork
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2014)|
|Eric O. Stork|
Seen in his office (1975)
|Born||Eric Oswald Stork
January 8, 1927
|Died||February 2, 2014
Arlington County, Virginia, US
|Cause of death||Kidney failure|
|Education||University of Washington;
Reed College, BA 1950;
Maxwell School, Syracuse University, MPA 1951
|Home town||State of Washington, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Dorothy Sams Stork (m. 2016)|
|Children||Nancy Stork Keener, Judith Stork Kittleman, and Kevin Curtis Stork.|
Eric Oswald Stork (January 8, 1927 - February 2, 2014) was an American regulator from the Environmental Protection Agency. He tangled with the auto industry over automobile air pollution standards.
Eric Oswald Stork was born on January 8, 1927, in Hamburg, Germany. He was sent to Britain as a child, came to the United States at 13, and grew up in the state of Washington. He served in the U.S. Army near the end of World War II. After serving in the army, he studied at the University of Washington for two years before transferring to Reed College, where he earned a BA in political science, writing his thesis on the Pacific Northwest Field Committee of the Department of the Interior. After Reed, he earned an MS in public administration from the Maxwell School in Syracuse, New York, then entered the federal government through an elite junior management assistant program. One year later in Washington, D.C., Eric met Dorothy Sams; they were married in 1953 and raised four children.
- Barnes, Bart (2014-02-16). "Eric O. Stork, former EPA official who oversaw auto emissions compliance, dies at 87". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Eric O. Stork". Microsoft Academic Search. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Schreiber, Ronnie (15 November 2011). "Who Killed The Hybrid Electric Car? A Petty Government Bureaucrat @ The EPA, That's Who!". Cars in Depth.
- Lydgate, Chris (June 2014). "Eric Oswald Stork '50". Reed Magazine. Archived from the original on 18 June 2014.
- Barnes, Bart (16 February 2014). "Eric O. Stork, former EPA official who oversaw auto emissions compliance, dies at 87". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 18 June 2014.
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|