The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eric Persing showing off his OMG-1 synthesizer
|Born||22 July 1963|
|Known for||Sound design|
Eric Persing is a sound designer, professional synthesist and producer in Los Angeles, California. He is best known as the Founder and Creative Director of the leading music software and virtual instrument company Spectrasonics. He has been a major contributor to all of Spectrasonics' products, including Omnisphere, Keyscape, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Atmosphere and Trilogy.
Persing started working for the Roland Corporation as Chief Sound Designer from 1984 to 2004, where he worked on many influential synthesizers and music-related products such as the Roland D-50, the JD-800, the Roland JX, JV, JP, XP series synthesizers and many others. Even today, his sounds can be heard in many productions.
At the 2011 NAMM Show, as part of a joint promotion with the Bob Moog Foundation, Persing exhibited the OMG-1 synthesizer, a unique synthesizer of his own design that integrated a Moog Little Phatty with an Apple Mac Mini and two iPads running virtual instruments, all housed in a custom curly maple cabinet.
- "Stylus Virtual Groove Module". Canadian Musician. Norris-Whitney Communications Inc. via Highbeam research. May 1, 2002. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Spectrasonics Artisan Eric Persing". Spectrasonics. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Roland meeting stresses educational market". Music Trades via Highbeam Research. Music Trades Corp. March 1, 1990. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Battino, David; Richards, Kelli (2005). The Art of Digital Music. Backbeat Books. p. 76. ISBN 0-87930-830-3.
- The Church Collective interview
- Vail, Mark (2014). The Synthesizer. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. p. 54. ISBN 978-019-539481-8.
- Vail, Mark (2014). The Synthesizer. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. p. 221. ISBN 978-019-539481-8.
- KVR audio interview
- "The 27th TEC Awards Winners". Tecfoundation.com. 2012-01-20. Archived from the original on 2012-08-20. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- "ILIO News: Spectrasonics' Omnisphere has won the prestigious "TEC Award"". Ilio.com. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- 2011 Interview on kvraudio.com
- 2000 Interview in SOS magazine
- Official bio on spectrasonics.net
- Eric Persing Roland contributions
- 2009 Interview on TraxMusic.org
- 2011 Interview for NAMM Oral History Program
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|