|Eric Ivan Rosse|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Pop, rock, television film|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, composer, songwriter, musician, mixer|
|Associated acts||Tori Amos, Sara Bareilles, Maroon 5, Birdy, Mary Lambert, Anna Nalick, Gavin DeGraw, Matt Hires, Landon Pigg, Chris Isaak, Lisa Marie Presley|
Eric Ivan Rosse is a composer, songwriter, record producer, and mixer.
Rosse specializes in taking artists, other writers/composers and anyone who works with him to the peak of their performing abilities by supporting and underscoring their talent - making the most of their strengths and helping to bring out their uniqueness while guiding the project toward a career defining sound.
Eric started playing piano at age 8, eventually studying orchestration and arranging with Jazz great Joe Rotundi Sr., who's mentorship along with influences of soul, rock, art pop and classical music has laid the foundation upon which he continues to build.
After playing in numerous bands as a keyboard player and singer, he expanded on his career by scoring TV and commercials, then going on to produce Grammy nominated artist Tori Amos' groundbreaking albums Little Earthquakes and Grammy-nominated album Under the Pink.
Recently Rosse co-wrote with Steve Aoki and Louis Tomlinson to pen the latter's solo debut single. The song is certified Gold and Platinum in several countries including reaching #1 on the US Dance/Electronic Sales Singles Billboard chart.
Through creative insight and intense focus, Eric manages to bring impact and powerful appeal to the music he composes and produces, helping to create a unique musical and emotional voice for each project.
Life and career
Rosse was born in Chicago, Illinois and began studying music at a young age starting with piano lessons. Through his training with jazz legend Joe Rotundi Sr., Eric grew to score an award-winning short film at the age of 17, 'Day's Last Rainbow', which was directed by James Herring. His first professional recording gig was at The Sound Factory in Hollywood, CA in 1980. Rosse was hired there to play electric piano on various R&B recordings, and continued gigging with various bands and musicians around Los Angeles until 1989, when he co-founded EMBR Music with his brother, Michael Carey. They operated for five years under the name EMBR, producing music spots for well-known media entities such as Coca-Cola, TDK, Anacin, Sega, Asics, NY Aids Awareness, NBC and CBS.
In 1994, Eric began to focus heavily on album production, setting up his studio in unusual locations such as Taos and Santa Fe, New Mexico (where he produced Tori Amos' records), as well as Air Studios in London, where he produced projects for EMI-UK and Sony Music.
Currently, Eric Rosse resides in Los Angeles and continues to produce, compose and mix.
|1992||Tori Amos||Little Earthquakes||Girl||Produced||Atlantic Records|
|Tear in Your Hand|
|1994||Tori Amos||Under the Pink||God||Produced||Atlantic Records|
|Past the Mission ft. Trent Reznor|
|Pretty Good Year|
|1996||Gus||Gus||Tomorrow Man||Produced/Engineered/Keyboards/Programming/Arrangements||Almo Sounds|
|A Day's Pay|
|1997||Critters Buggin||Host||Mullet Head||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming||Loosegroove Records|
|1998||Tuatara||Trading with the Enemy||Negotiation||Mixed||Epic Records|
|Critters Buggin||Bumpa||Trucker Beak||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming||Loosegroove Records|
|2000||Nash Kato||Debutante||Queen of the Gangsters||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming||Loosegroove Records|
|2002||Aja Daashuur||Before the Beginning||Produced/Engineered/Keyboards/Programming||Extasy/Warner Bros. Records|
|Two Loons for Tea||Looking for Landmarks||Looking for Landmarks||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming||Sarathan Records|
|2003||Lisa Marie Presley||To Whom It May Concern||Lights Out||Produced/Co-Wrote/Engineered/Keyboards/Programming/String Arrangements||Capitol Records|
|The Road Between|
|Kristy Thirsk||Souvenir||Run Away||Produced||Pretty Noise|
|Home for Angels|
|2005||Anna Nalick||Wreck of the Day||Breathe||Produced/Co-Wrote/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming/String Arrangements||Columbia Records|
|Wreck of the Day|
|Paper Bag[permanent dead link]|
|Lisa Marie Presley||Now What||Turned To Black||Produced/Co-Wrote/Engineered/Keyboards/Programming||Capitol Records|
|When You Go|
|Yellow to Blue|
|Nerina Pallot||Fires||Learning to Breathe||Produced/Engineered/Keyboards/Programming||Idaho Records/14th Floor Records|
|2006||Joanna Pacitti||This Crazy Life||This Crazy Life||Co-Wrote||UMG/Geffen Records|
|Chris Isaak||Best of Chris Isaak||King Without A Castle||Produced/Engineered/Programming/Arrangements||Warner Bros. Records/Reprise Records|
|Want You to Want Me|
|Let's Have a Party|
|2007||A Fine Frenzy||One Cell in the Sea||Almost Lover||Re-mixed||Virgin Records|
|Sara Bareilles||Little Voice||Love Song||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming/String Arrangements||Sony Records/Epic Records|
|Between the Lines|
|Bottle It Up|
|2008||Marc Broussard||Keep Coming Back||Man for Life||Co-Wrote||Atlantic Records|
|David Archuleta||David Archuleta||Let Me Go||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming/String Arrangements||Jive Records/Sony Records|
|The White Tie Affair||Walk This Way||Candle||Mixed/Programming||Sony Records|
|Price of Company|
|The Way Down|
|If I Fall|
|Anna Nalick||Shine EP||Produced||Epic|
|George Stanford||Big Drop||Produced||Mercury Records|
|Matt Hires||Live from the Hotel Café||You Are The One||Produced||Atlantic Records|
|2009||Chris Isaak||Mr. Lucky||Cheaters Town||Produced/Engineered/Mixed||Warner Bros. Records/Wicked Game/Reprise Records|
|We Let her Down|
|Landon Pigg||The Boy Who Never||Coffee Shop||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards||RCA Records|
|Take a Chance|
|Matt Hires||Take Us to the Start||Honey, Let Me Sing You a Song||Produced/Co-Wrote/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/String Arrangements||F Stop/Atlantic Records/Warner Music Group|
|A Perfect Day[permanent dead link]|
|State Lines[permanent dead link]|
|You in the End|
|Out of the Dark|
|Listen to Me Now|
|Pick Me Up|
|2010||Jason Castro||Jason Castro||You Can Always Come Home||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards||Atlantic Records|
|That's What I'm Here For|
|Brendan James||Brendan James||Anything For You||Co-Wrote||UMG/Decca Records|
|Matt Hires||A to B EP||Honey (cello version)||Produced/Co-Wrote/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/String Arrangements||Atlantic Records|
|Maroon 5||Hands All Over||Produced||A&M/Octone Records|
|2011||Gin Wigmore||Gravel & Wine||The Devil In Me||Produced/Co-Wrote||UMG/Motown Records/Mercury Records|
|Saturday Smile[permanent dead link]|
|Kevin Hammond||Kevin Hammon EP||The Way You Move||Produced/Recorded/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming||A&M/Octone Records|
|Just As I Thought|
|Gavin DeGraw||Sweeter||Run Every Time||Produced/Recorded/Keyboards/Programming||RCA Records|
|Where You Are|
|Graham Colton||Pacific Coast Eyes||A Day Too Late||Co-Wrote||Universal Republic|
|2012||Delta Goodrem||Child of the Universe||The Hunters and The Wolves||Co-Wrote||Sony Records|
|Lily Kershaw||Midnight in the Garden||Produced||Nettwerk Records|
|2013||Matt Hires||The World Won't last Forever, But Tonight We Can Pretend||All That's Left Is You||Produced/Co-Wrote/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/String Arrangements||Atlantic Records/Warner Music Group|
|Wishing On Dead Stars|
|A to B|
|I Am Not Here[permanent dead link]|
|Birdy||Fire Within||Heart of Gold||Musical Director/String Arrangements/Programming/Keyboards||Warner Music Group UK/14th Floor Records/Atlantic Records|
|Mary Lambert||Welcome to the Age of My Body EP||She Keeps Me Warm||Produced/Engineered/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming/String Arrangements||Capitol Records|
|Body Love Part One|
|Christian Burns||Simple Modern Answers||We Are Tonight ft. Paul van Dyk||Co-Wrote||Armada Music|
|2014||Mary Lambert||Heart on My Sleeve||Produced/Co-Wrote||Capitol Records|
|2014||Pablo Alborán||Terral||Produced/Mixed/Keyboards/Programming/String & Horn Arrangements||Warner Music|
|2016||Idina Menzel||idina.||Produced/Mixed/Co-Wrote||Warner Bros. Records|
|2017||Idina Menzel||Beaches (Soundtrack from the Lifetime Original Movie)||Produced/Arranged/Co-Wrote||Warner Bros. Records|
- 1991 Tori Amos – "Me and a Gun"
- 1992 Tori Amos – "Silent All These Years", "China", "Winter", "Crucify"
- 1994 Tori Amos – "God", "Pretty Good Year", "Cornflake Girl", "Past the Mission"
- 2003 Lisa Marie Presley – "Lights Out"
- 2004 & 2006 Anna Nalick – "Breathe (2 AM)"
- 2005 Lisa Marie Presley – "Dirty Laundry"
- 2007 Sara Bareilles – "Love Song"
- 2007 A Fine Frenzy – "Almost Lover" (Remix)
- 2008 Sara Bareilles – "Bottle It Up"
- 2008 George Stanford – "My Own Worst Enemy"
- 2008 The White Tie Affair – "Candle (Sick and Tired)"
- 2009 Sara Bareilles – "Gravity"
- 2009 Matt Hires – "Honey, Let Me Sing You a Song"
- 2009 Landon Pigg – "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop"
- 2010 Jason Castro – "That's What I'm Here For"
- 2014 Mary Lambert – "Secrets"
- 2016 Louis Tomlinson – "Just Hold On"
- 2009 "A Perfect Day" by Matt Hires (Private Practice) Season 2: Episode 15 – Acceptance
- 2009 "Out of the Dark" by Matt Hires (Grey's Anatomy) Season 6: Episode 6 – I Saw What I Saw
- 2010 "Honey, Let Me Sing You a Song" by Matt Hires (Life Unexpected) Pilot Episode
- 2010 "O Sunrise" by Matt Hires (Life Unexpected) Season 1: Episode 6 – Truth Unrevealed
- 2010 "Honey, Let Me Sing You a Song" by Matt Hires (Cougar Town) Season 1: Episode 12 – Scare Easy
- 2010 "The Way It Ends" by Landon Pigg (Grey's Anatomy) Season 6: Episode 24 Season Finale – Death and All His Friends
- 2011 "Breathe" by Anna Nalick (Grey's Anatomy) Season 7: Episode 18 –
- 2012 "As It Seems" by Lily Kershaw (Criminal Minds) Season 7: Episode 24 Season Finale – Run Part Two
- 2013 "Forever" by Matt Hires (Grey's Anatomy) Season 9: Episode 12 – Walking on a Dream
- 2017 "I'll Stand By You" by Idina Menzel for the TV movie remake of the film Beaches
- 2017 "I Can Hear the Music" by Idina Menzel for the TV movie remake of the film Beaches
- "Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos". Music Sale Corp Paperback. 1992. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Ollison, Rashod D. (February 12, 2009). "Sara Bareilles' Voice is Not So Little". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Pannacione, Maggie (December 3, 2013). "Mary Lambert Signs to Capitol Records". Artist Direct. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Rutherford, Kevin (December 17, 2013). "Q&A: Mary Lambert Spins Success of Macklemore's 'Same Love' Into Issues-Driven Solo Pop". Radio.com. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Tingen, Paul (September 2008). "Secrets of the Mix Engineers: Eric Rosse Sara Bareilles 'Love Song'". Sound on Sound Magazine. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Dye, David (April 2, 2008). "George Stanford: Pop Meets Soul". NPR Music. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Willman, Chris (September 19, 2011). "Sensitive Gavin DeGraw get rascally on Sweeter". Reuters. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Condran, Ed (May 30, 2012). "Gavin DeGraw Showcasing Songs from His Latest Album". The Mercury Music. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Lipshutz, Jason (February 28, 2013). "Matt Hires to Preview Sophomore Album on Matchbox Twenty Tour". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Caramanica, Jon (November 12, 2013). "A Singer Whose Context is 'Love and Heart' Mary Lambert Breaks Out on Her Own". NY Times Music. Retrieved 2014-08-19.