Szmanda in 2015
|Born||Eric Kyle Szmanda
July 24, 1975
Mukwonago, Wisconsin, United States
|Alma mater||American Academy of Dramatic Arts|
Eric Kyle Szmanda (//; born July 24, 1975) is an American actor. He played Greg Sanders in the CBS police drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, a role he held from when the show began in 2000 until it ended in 2015.
Early life and education
Szmanda was born in Mukwonago, Wisconsin, to Elaine (née Enders) and Donald Szmanda, and has two brothers, Brett and Rob. He attended Mukwonago High School and graduated at the age of nineteen from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California. While he was in school, he began marketing internships with music conglomerate BMG and moved to Chicago, Illinois, to take a full-time job in the music business. His great-uncle Ray Szmanda is the "Menard's Guy," a local celebrity in the Midwest famous for his enthusiastic ads for Menard's hardware stores.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
In 2000, Szmanda began a recurring role in the CBS police drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the first two seasons as Greg Sanders, a DNA technician and investigator, before being added to the main cast in the third season. He remained on the show until it ended after the fifteenth season in September 2015.
- The Net (1998–1999) (TV) – Jacob "Sorcerer" Resh
- Dodge's City (1999) (TV) – Johnny Dodge
- Big Time (2000) - Avery
- Oh Baby (2000) (TV) - Brent
- Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane (2000) (TV) - Max
- 100 Girls (2000) – Sam/Computer Nerd
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000–2015) (TV) – Greg Sanders (335 episodes)
- FreakyLinks (2000) – Tunnel-dwelling bum
- True Vinyl (2000) – Billy Thompson
- Three Sisters (2001) (TV) - Dave
- The Division (2001) (TV) - Mark
- The Rules of Attraction (2002) – NYU Film Student
- Little Athens (2005) – Derek
- Snow Wonder (2005) (TV) – Luke
- Shadow of Fear (2012) (TV) - Det. Dominic Leary
- Dangerous Attraction
- Szmanda also appeared in Marilyn Manson's music video "(s)AINT".