Tomlinson with the Jets in 2017.
|Born:||April 22, 1992|
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||263 lb (119 kg)|
|High school:||Klein (Klein, Texas)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
On December 11, 2014, it was announced that Tomlinson had accepted his invitation to appear on the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, along with teammate Jameill Showers. On January 17, 2015, he played in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and was part of Mike Holmgren's American team that lost 17–0.[dead link] Tomlinson was one of 19 collegiate tight ends to attend the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana. He had a mediocre performance overall, finishing ninth among his position group in the 40-yard dash and tenth in the bench press. On April 9, 2015, Tomlinson attended UTEP's pro day and performed the majority of combine drills again. He was able to have a better showing then his day at the combine and lowered his times in the 40-yard dash (4.77s), 20-yard dash (4.82s), and 10-yard dash (1.73s). His unofficial time in the 40-yard dash would've been the third best time among all tight ends who participated at the combine. At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Tomlinson was projected to be an undrafted free agent by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked the 20th best tight end prospect in the draft by NFLDraftScout.com.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in
|32 7⁄8 in
|4.98 s||1.75 s||2.91 s||4.54 s||7.46 s||30 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 6, 2015, Tomlinson was signed to the Houston Texans' practice squad where he spent his entire rookie season. He was released on September 3, 2016 as part of final roster cuts. The next day, he was signed to the Texans' practice squad.
New York Jets
Tomlinson was signed by the New York Jets off the Texans' practice squad on November 5, 2016.
On September 10, 2017, Tomlinson recorded his first official receiving statistics in the season opener. He had two receptions for 25 yards in the 21–12 loss to the Buffalo Bills. On October 29, 2017, Tomlinson scored his first career touchdown on a 20-yard pass from Josh McCown in a game against the Atlanta Falcons.
In 2018, Tomlinson played in 15 games with 12 starts, recording 8 receptions for 72 yards before being placed on injured reserve on December 27, 2018.
New York Giants
- Alex Nicolas (December 11, 2014). "UTEP Football: Jameill Showers, Eric Tomlinson Accept Invite to NFLPA Collegiate Bowl". MinerRush.com. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- Steven Cook (January 16, 2015). "Collegiate Bowl 2015 Rosters". BleacherReport.com. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- James Brady (February 22, 2015). "NFL Combine 2015: Full results for tight ends". sbnation.com. Retrieved December 24, 2017.
- "Eric Tomlinson, DS #20 TE, UTEP". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Eric Tomlinson". NFL.com. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans down to 53-man roster". HoustonTexans.com. September 3, 2016. Archived from the original on August 26, 2017.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans sign 8 to practice squad". HoustonTexans.com. September 4, 2016. Archived from the original on August 26, 2017.
- Greenberg, Ethan (November 5, 2016). "Jets Sign TE Tomlinson, Waive LB Ochi". NewYorkJets.com.
- "New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- "Jets Place TE Tomlinson on IR, Bring Back TE Walford". NewYorkJets.com. December 27, 2018.
- Greenberg, Ethan (March 19, 2019). "Jets Re-Sign TE Eric Tomlinson". NewYorkJets.com.
- Lange, Randy (August 31, 2019). "Jets Announce 38 Moves to Get Down to 53-Man Roster". NewYorkJets.com.
- Eisen, Michael (September 1, 2019). "Giants place CB Sam Beal on IR, sign TE Eric Tomlinson and 8 to practice squad". Giants.com.
- "Giants to re-sign LB Nate Stupar, waive Eric Tomlinson". Giants Wire. USA Today. September 24, 2019.
|This biographical article relating to an American football tight end is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|