Erica Boyer in 1991
|Born||Amanda Margaret Gantt
December 22, 1956
Andalusia, Alabama, U.S.
|Died||December 31, 2009
Panama City Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Cause of death||Auto accident|
|Other names||Carol Christy, Erica Bee, Joanne McRay|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
|Spouse(s)||Rand Gauthier (m.1980s, Divorced),
Derrick Jensen m. ?-2009 (her death)
|No. of adult films||366 including compilations (per IAFD)|
Erica Boyer, legal name Amanda Margaret Jensen (née Gantt) (December 22, 1956 in Andalusia, Alabama - December 31, 2009 in Panama City Beach, Florida) was an American pornographic actress. She is a member of the AVN Hall of Fame, and the XRCO Hall of Fame.
Her father Joseph Breckenridge Gantt (Joe Breck Gantt), son of a Covington County, Alabama sheriff, had in May 1965 as Assistant Attorney General been prosecutor in the mistrial against Collie Wilkens for the murder of civil rights activist Viola Liuzzo on March 25, 1965.
Prior to her porn debut, she worked at Mitchell brothers O'Farrell Theater in San Francisco dancing and doing live sex shows. Erica Boyer appeared in 184 features after starting her porn career with Beyond De Sade. She came out of retirement to work with Marilyn Chambers again in the XXX Dark Chambers. After her retirement, she had her own massage therapy business in Cocoa Beach and did volunteer work as a clown and face painter.
She was married to Rand Gauthier (nomme de porn: Austin Moore) in the late 80s. The marriage was short-lived. Her second husband was former NFL player Derrick Jensen. They had one son, Davis, who was 12 years old at the time of her death. Boyer was described by those who knew her as a lesbian-leaning bisexual. Her personal friend Nina Hartley named Erica Boyer as one of a couple of true lesbian performers in the industry but stated that Boyer then had "recently got married to a man", adding that Boyer was "basically bisexual". In a 1989 Hustler Magazine special Issue interview, Boyer said she was exclusively lesbian off the set and just did the boy-girl scenes for the money.
She died in a pedestrian accident on New Year's Eve, 2009, aged 53. At the time she was married and had a son. She reportedly died instantly when she was struck by an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer driving a 2001 4-door Hyundai.
- "Amanda Jensen Obituary in Panama City News Herald". www.legacy.com. January 7, 2010. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
- Kernes, Mark (January 12, 2010). "Erica Boyer Killed in Traffic Accident". AVN. Retrieved January 12, 2010.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on April 15, 2009. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- TIME 14. Mai 1965
- From Selma to Sorrow: The Life and Death of Viola Liuzzo by Mary Stanton. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1998. p. 112.
- "Porn Legends Erica's Body & Soul". August 8, 2004. Archived from the original on December 8, 2004. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Chicago Lewis, Amanda. "Pam and Tommy: The Untold Story of the World's Most Infamous Sex Tape". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- "The Adult Industry Remembers Erica Boyer". AVN. January 14, 2010. Retrieved December 22, 2015.
- "Erica Boyer", Hustler Erotic Video Guide (USA), vol. 4 no. 1, pp. 45–55, February 1989.
- S. Brady Calhoun (January 1, 2010). "Pedestrian killed on New Year's Eve". Panama City News Herald. Retrieved January 12, 2010.
- Foster, Jessica (January 1, 2010). "Pedestrian Fatality in Panama City Beach". WMBB.com News. Archived from the original on January 3, 2010. Retrieved February 12, 2010.
- MayorDefacto. "Transcript of the video A Night of Legends: First Annual XRCO Adult Film Awards". Retrieved August 9, 2008.