Mena interviewed by Pure DOPE magazine in 2015
Erica Jasmin Mena
November 8, 1987
|Other names||Erica Mena Samuels|
|Occupation||Television personality, actress, recording artist|
|Associated acts||Safaree Samuels|
Erica Jasmin Mena Samuels (née Mena; born November 8, 1987) is an American television personality, recording artist and former model/video vixen. She is best known for her appearances on Love & Hip Hop: New York.
Mena first gained notoriety as a model and "video vixen", through her appearances in various hip hop music videos, for artists such as Chris Brown, Fabolous, Akon and Fat Joe. She became known to a larger audience through her reality television appearances, including Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami and Love & Hip Hop: New York, the original installment of the Love & Hip Hop franchise. She has also embarked on a career as an author, releasing the autobiographies Chronicles of a Confirmed Bachelorette and Underneath It All. In August 2017, it was announced that Mena would compete in the first season of VH1's Scared Famous, which premiered on October 23, 2017. In 2018, Erica joined the cast of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta for the seventh season. In 2019, she returned to Love & Hip Hop: New York for its tenth anniversary season.
Erica is openly bisexual. Mena is of Puerto Rican and Dominican ancestry. She has a son, King Conde, born March 1, 2007, with video director and rapper Raul Conde, a member of Fat Joe's Terror Squad.
Mena was previously engaged to Bow Wow. On December 24, 2018, Erica became engaged to rapper and television personality Safaree Samuels. On October 1, 2019, she announced that she and Samuels were expecting their first child together. On October 7, 2019, she and Samuels married at the Legacy Castle in New Jersey. On February 2, 2020, Mena and Samuels welcomed their daughter.
|2005||"Yo (Excuse Me Miss)"||Co-star||Chris Brown Music Video|
|2009–2010||Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami||Herself|
|2011–2015, 2019–present||Love & Hip Hop: New York||Herself||Supporting Cast (Season 2) |
Main Cast (Seasons 3–5, 10–present)
|2013||The Show with Vinny||Herself|
|2013||The Trisha Goddard Show||Herself|
|2014||106 & Park||Herself|
|2014||CSI: Cyber||Brody's Girl|
|2016–2017||Bad Girls Club||Herself||Reunion Co-Host|
|2017||Wild 'n Out||Herself|
|2017||Master of None||Nikki||Episode: "Thanksgiving"|
|2017||Bad Girls Club: East Meets West||Herself||Co-Host|
|2018, 2020||Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta||Herself||Main Cast (Season 7) |
Supporting Cast (Season 9)
|2013||Black Ink Crew New York||Herself|
- "'Love & Hip Hop' Star, Boyfriend Arrested In Johns Creek". 2018-10-17.
- "Erica Mena Samuels (@iamerica_mena) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- Design&Trend (1 December 2015). "Erica Mena Goes Off On Rich Dollaz, Says He's Living A Double-Lifestyle: 'I Have So Much Proof'". Archived from the original on 15 April 2016. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Longeretta, Emily (22 September 2014). "Erica Mena".
- "Erica Mena & Bow Wow are Over: "He's an Abuser"".
- "Video Vixens: A Look at Kimbella and Erica Mena's Music Video Features". 2012-01-17.
- "Interview: Erica Mena Talks "Love & Hip Hop," Video Vixens, and Her Future in Music".
- "Shad Moss and His Baby's Mother Say Erica Mena Is a Liar".
- Mena, Erica (1 November 2013). Chronicles of a Confirmed Bachelorette. La' Femme Fatale' Publishing. ISBN 9780991020300 – via Google Books.
- Mena, Erica (1 April 2013). Underneath It All. La' Femme Fatale' Productions. ISBN 9780988861565 – via Google Books.
- Bellino, Damian. "VH1 Announces Scared Famous Starring Tiffany Pollard, Drita D'Avanzo, Alaska Thunderf-uck, and More!". VH1 News. Viacom International. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Q&A: Erica Mena Dismisses Rumors That She's Bisexual for Male Attention, Talks Coming Out to Her Family". 2013-10-30.
- "Erica Mena – IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- Bacardi, Francesca (October 1, 2019). "Erica Mena Pregnant With Safaree Samuels Baby". pagesix.com. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- Jackson, Vannessa (October 8, 2019). "Erica Mena and Safaree Get Married". Eonline.com. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- "Erica Mena and Safaree: We're Married!". Tmz.com. October 8, 2019. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- "Love & Hip Hop's Erica Mena & Safaree Expecting". Vibe.com. October 1, 2019. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- "Love & Hip Hop: New York's Safaree Samuels and Erica Mena Welcome First Daughter Together".