|Date of birth||3 August 1936|
|Place of birth||Vienna, Austria|
|Date of death||25 January 1995(aged 58)|
|Place of death||Vienna, Austria|
|1964–1965||FK Austria Wien||5||(1)|
|1980–1982||FK Austria Wien|
|1989–1990||FK Austria Wien|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in the Brigittenau district of Vienna, Hof began playing football as a striker with FC Hochstädt. In 1952, he joined Wiener Sport-Club, where he would play until 1969, with the exception of a brief stint with FK Austria Wien in 1964. He led the Austrian league in goal-scoring in 1959 and 1961 with 32 and 21 goals respectively. Hof was a leading Austrian footballer in the 1960s and was known as "The Professor of Football" (Der Professor des Fußballs).
- "Eine Legende wäre heute 70 geworden: Am 3. August 1936 kam Erich Hof auf die Welt" [A Legend would be 70 years old today: On 3 August 1936, Erich Hof entered the world] (in German). News.at. 2 August 2006.
- "Der "Professor" des Fußballs ist tot" [The "Professor" of football is dead] (in German). Kurier. 26 January 1996. p. 22.
- Klukowski, Tomasz (21 April 2011). "Erich Hof - International Goals". RSSSF.
- (German) Austria Archiv as player
- (German) Austria Archiv as coach
- (German) National Team stats as player
- (German) National Team stats as coach
- Erich Hof – FIFA competition record
- Erich Hof at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to association football in Austria, about a forward, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|