Rowan in April 2016
|Birth name||Joseph Charles Ruud|
November 28, 1981 |
|Residence||Forest Lake, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||University of Minnesota Morris|
|Spouse(s)||Jamie Ruud (m. 2010)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Erick Rowan
|Billed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Billed weight||317 lb (144 kg)|
|Billed from||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Trained by||Eddie Sharkey|
|Debut||September 3, 2003|
Joseph Charles Ruud (born November 28, 1981) is an American professional wrestler signed to WWE. He performs on the SmackDown brand under the ring name Erick Rowan. He is a former one-time NXT Tag Team Champion.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Professional wrestling career
- 3 In other media
- 4 In wrestling
- 5 Championships and accomplishments
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Ruud was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and grew up in Montrose, Minnesota. His family is Norwegian, and emigrated from Nannestad, Norway. Ruud is a trained guitarist, and attended the University of Minnesota Morris, where he played football.
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2003–2011)
Ruud began his wrestling career after training with Eddie Sharkey in 2003, going by the ring name Thoruf Marius and competing for various promotions throughout the Midwest until 2007. He was invited to go to Pro Wrestling Noah's (NOAH) dojo in Japan to live, train, and wrestle. During this time, he competed in both tag team and singles matches. Following his tour in Japan, Ruud returned to the United States in 2008 and began competing for the Minnesota-based F1rst Wrestling promotion. Upon joining the promotion, he began feuding with Brody Hoofer, with the pair exchanging wins across several events.
Florida Championship Wrestling (2011–2012)
In February 2011, Ruud signed a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and was assigned to their developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) under the ring name Erick Rowan. He made his FCW TV debut in August 2011 with a win over Kenneth Cameron, while being accompanied by Byron Saxton and James Bronson. To tie in with Saxton's feud with Titus O'Neil, Rowan and Bronson lost to O'Neil and Leakee in a tag team match. Although Rowan continued to compete in both singles and tag team matches with Bronson, he was not involved in any further feuds and did not challenge for any titles on FCW TV.
The Wyatt Family (2012–2014)
After FCW was rebranded to NXT Wrestling, Rowan made his debut on the December 12, 2012 episode of NXT as a follower of Bray Wyatt, who introduced Rowan as his "second son". As a member of The Wyatt Family, Rowan formed a tag team with Wyatt's "first son" Luke Harper, and they defeated Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu on the January 9, 2013 episode of NXT. On the January 23 episode of NXT, Harper and Rowan again defeated Watson and Tatsu in the opening round of the NXT Tag Team Championship tournament. Following a win over Bo Dallas and Michael McGillicutty in the semi-finals after Wyatt's interference, Harper and Rowan were defeated in the finals by Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey. On the May 2 episode of NXT, Harper and Rowan won a triple threat elimination tag team match by last pinning Neville. On the May 8 episode of NXT (which was taped on May 2), Harper and Rowan defeated Neville and Bo Dallas (who was filling in for the injured Grey) to win the NXT Tag Team Championship, Rowan's first professional wrestling championship. On the June 5 episode of NXT, Harper and Rowan successfully retained their championship against Corey Graves and Kassius Ohno, and on the June 19 episode of NXT, The Wyatt Family defeated the team of Graves, Neville and Ohno. On the July 17 episode of NXT (which was taped on June 20), Rowan and Harper lost the NXT Tag Team Championship to Neville and Graves.
From the May 27 episode of Raw, WWE aired vignettes promoting the upcoming main roster debut of The Wyatt Family. The vignettes showed the Wyatt Family's backwoods origins and Rowan wearing a sheep mask. On the July 8 episode of Raw, The Wyatt Family made their debut by assaulting Kane. Rowan made his WWE in-ring debut on the July 26 episode of SmackDown, where he and Harper defeated Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) in a tag team match. Over the next few months, Rowan and Harper competed as a tag team and went on a winning streak over many teams, until Cody Rhodes and Goldust handed them their first loss on the October 11 episode of SmackDown. In early 2014, Rowan took part in The Wyatt Family's feud with The Shield, while also supporting Bray Wyatt in his feud with John Cena. While Wyatt and Cena's feud continued, Harper and Rowan also started a feud with The Usos, unsuccessfully challenging for the WWE Tag Team Championship at Money in the Bank and Battleground.
Singles competition (2014–2015)
Beginning on September 29, vignettes were shown of Harper and Rowan being "set free" by Wyatt, marking the dissolution of The Wyatt Family and the transition of its members into singles competition. On the November 17 episode of Raw, Rowan turned face for the first time in his WWE career and had a brief feud with The Authority when he joined Team Cena for Survivor Series, going after his former Wyatt Family member and then Intercontinental Champion Luke Harper, who had joined Team Authority. At Survivor Series, Rowan scored no eliminations and was himself eliminated by Harper, with the assistance of Seth Rollins; however, Team Cena later won the match. After Survivor Series, Rowan started a feud with Big Show, the team member who had betrayed the rest of Team Cena at the event. At TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs in December, Rowan faced Big Show in a stairs match in a losing effort.
On the January 5, 2015 episode of Raw, Rowan along with former Team Cena teammates Ryback and Dolph Ziggler were (kayfabe) fired by The Authority for being a part of Team Cena. On the January 19 episode of Raw, Rowan, Ryback and Ziggler were rehired after Cena won a 3-on-1 handicap match against Seth Rollins, Big Show and Kane following assistance from Sting. On the January 22 episode of SmackDown, Rowan lost to Luke Harper in a qualifying match for the 2015 Royal Rumble. Despite this, Rowan appeared during the Royal Rumble match and attacked #6 entrant Curtis Axel before Axel could make his entrance to the ring, sparking a brief Wyatt Family reunion with Harper and Wyatt before all three men brawled. At Fastlane, Rowan competed together with Ziggler and Ryback in a six-man tag team match against Rollins, Big Show and Kane, which they lost. Rowan participated in the second annual André the Giant Memorial battle royal at WrestleMania 31, but was eliminated by Big Show.
Return of The Wyatt Family (2015–present)
In May, Rowan reunited with former tag team partner Luke Harper after attacking Harper's opponent Fandango, turning heel in the process. In late June, Rowan suffered a torn bicep, leaving him out of action.
Rowan made his return on the October 19 episode of Raw, when he filled in for Harper (who was unable to show for personal reasons), against Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, which his team won by disqualification after Ambrose attacked Strowman with a kendo stick. Rowan took part in The Wyatt Family's feud with The Brothers of Destruction, after the Family kidnapped The Undertaker at Hell in a Cell, and Kane on the October 26 episode of Raw. At TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs, The Wyatt Family defeated Team ECW in an eight-man tag team elimination tables match, with Rowan being the only Wyatt Family member eliminated from the match. Rowan would go on to compete in the Royal Rumble match with fellow Wyatt Family members and was eliminated by Brock Lesnar, but he would later return to the ring along with the Wyatts to eliminate Lesnar. On April 3, Rowan competed in his first ever WrestleMania singles match at WrestleMania 32 against The Rock, after the latter confronted The Wyatt Family. Rowan was defeated by The Rock in 6 seconds (which broke the record for the quickest WrestleMania match of all time) and, after the match, when The Wyatt Family attempted to attack Rock, they were fought off by both Rock and a returning John Cena. On the April 4 episode of Raw, The Wyatt Family attacked The League of Nations, starting an unexplained feud between the heel factions. Rowan and Strowman were set to compete in a match at Payback, but Wyatt suffered a calf injury as well as Harper, who dislocated his patella and tore his medial patellofemoral ligament in late March. These injuries resulted in the suspension of the feud between The Wyatt Family and The League of Nations. The Wyatts (minus Harper) returned on the June 20 edition of Raw, subsequently getting into a feud with the WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day, who interrupted Bray Wyatt during his return speech.
On July 19 at the 2016 WWE draft, Rowan was drafted to SmackDown along with Bray Wyatt while Strowman was drafted to Raw. On the August 2 episode of SmackDown, Rowan resumed his alliance with Bray Wyatt by attacking Wyatt's opponent, Dolph Ziggler, as well as the WWE World Champion Dean Ambrose. It was thought that Rowan had split away from Wyatt after losing to Ambrose on the August 15 episode of "SmackDown", but he then began attacking Wyatt's enemies again, thus the alliance resumed. In October 2016, Rowan underwent surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and would be out of action for four to six months. During his recovery, Rowan posted several cryptic videos on his personal Twitter account. On the April 4, 2017 episode of SmackDown Live after WrestleMania 33, Rowan returned from injury after nearly eight months of inactivity, sporting a new steampunk-style sheep mask, assisting Bray Wyatt and attacking Randy Orton. Later that night, Rowan participated in a tag team match, teaming up with Wyatt facing against Orton and former Wyatt Family teammate Luke Harper in a losing effort. Rowan also lost a match to Orton by disqualification on the 11 April edition of SmackDown when he attacked Orton with the steel steps.
In other media
In 2010, Ruud participated in Norwegian reality series Alt for Norge and finished in fifth place. In 2014, he made his video game debut in WWE 2K15 as a playable character. He also appears in WWE 2K16 and WWE 2K17.
- Finishing moves
- Backbreaker rack – 2014
- Full nelson slam – 2014–2017
- Greetings From the North (Chokeslam) – 2011–2012
- Reverse-spin scoop powerslam – 2017–present
- Running splash, sometimes from the top rope – 2013–2014; used as a signature move thereafter
- Waist-lift sitout side slam – 2014; used as a signature move thereafter
- Signature moves
- With Luke Harper
- Double-team finishing moves
- Body avalanche (Rowan) followed by a discus clothesline (Harper) combination
- Discus clothesline (Harper) followed by a running splash (Rowan)
- Superkick (Harper) followed by a full nelson slam (Rowan) combination
- The Way (Flapjack (Rowan) and cutter (Harper) combination) – 2015
- Double chokeslam – 2015–2016
- Double-team finishing moves
- Entrance themes
- As Thoruf Marius
- As Erick Rowan
- "Live In Fear" by Mark Crozer (October 2012–September 2014; October 19, 2015 – April 10, 2017 ; used while a part of The Wyatt Family)
- "Swamp Gas" by Jim Johnston (June 29, 2014 – November 21, 2014; May 12, 2015 – March 21, 2016; used while teaming with Luke Harper)
- "Sheepherder" by Jim Johnston (November 23, 2014–present)
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- WWE NXT
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Erick Rowan, Ryback (contracts), and John Cena||Seth Rollins, Kane, Mark Henry, Rusev, and Luke Harper (role of authority)||St. Louis Missouri||Survivor Series||November 23, 2014|
- "Erick Rowan Profile". WrestlingData.[unreliable source?]
- "Erick Rowan bio". WWE. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "Erick Rowan bio". Florida Championship Wrestling. Archived from the original on October 4, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "The 18 NOAH matches fought by Erick Rowan in 2007". Wrestling data. Retrieved June 1, 2014.[unreliable source?]
- "The 4 F1rst matches fought by Erick Rowan in 2008". Wrestling data. Retrieved June 1, 2014.[unreliable source?]
- Trionfo, Richard. "New WWE Developmental Signings Pop Up In FCW". PWInsider. Retrieved July 31, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "Florida Championship Wrestling Television Report: Seth Rollins In An FCW 15 Match; Husky Harris In Action; William Regal Is Placed In A Bad Situation". PWInsider. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "Florida Championship Wrestling Television Report: Triple Threat Match; Divas In Action; FCW Title Match; Ambrose/Rollins Feud Heats Up (and It Explodes Next Week When They Meet In An FCW 15 Title Match)". PWInsider. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- "FCW matches wrestled by Erick Rowan". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "WWE News: FCW name being phased out". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 12/12 – Week 25: Rollins defends NXT Title, Paige in action, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Bishop, Matt (November 8, 2012). "WWE NXT: Who will challenge Rollins?". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
Bray announces this man as the "first son of the Wyatt family, Luke Harper."
- James, Justin (January 10, 2013). "James's WWE NXT report 1/9: Big E. captures NXT Title, Shield involved, Pac debut promo, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- Santiago, Andres (January 11, 2013). "DX invades DX taping: Complete WWE NXT spoilers from Florida". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- James, Justin (February 8, 2013). "James's WWE NXT report 2/6 – Week 32: Tag Tournament continues, Bo Dallas's main-roster debut carries over, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 2/13 – Week 33: First NXT tag champions crowned, Paige vows to take over the show". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Namako, Jason (May 3, 2013). "WWE NXT Results – 5/2/13 (Jericho vs. Wyatt)". WrestleView. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 5/8 Week 45: Wyatt Family captures Tag Titles, Ohno turning face?, Sandow in action, Paige vs. Summer Rae feud continues, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- Santiago, Andres (May 3, 2013). "WWE NXT spoilers from Winter Park, FL: John Cena and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 5/29 & 6/5: Wyatts defend Tag Titles, NXT Women's Title introduced, #1 contender battle royal, Parade of released NXT wrestlers in matches". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 6/19: Wyatts vs. Ohno & Graves & Neville six-man tag, Summer Rae wins tourney match, El Generico, Xavier Woods, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- Caldwell, James (June 21, 2013). "WWE News: NXT spoilers for summer episodes – first NXT Women's champ, Flair, more, plus NXT TV in the U.S.?". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Caldwell, James (May 27, 2013). "RAW NEWS: HBK & Hart cameos, Axel beats top star, Wyatt Family intro, Punk's return, Hunter status, two title matches, World Title, Kidd returns with new look post-Raw, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Benigno, Anthony. "Raw Five-Point Preview: July 8, 2013: All in the family". WWE. Archived from the original on July 9, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
Theories and speculation have abounded as to what the backwoods madman Bray Wyatt's mission is and where his family fits into the equation.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 7/3 – WEEK 53: Bo Dallas defends NXT Title, Women's Tourney continues, Mason Ryan". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "RAW NEWS: Vickie "fired" as Raw authority figure & replacement named, Wyatts debut, final MITB PPV hype, RVD, Lesnar, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Parks, Greg (July 26, 2013). "Parks's WWE SmackDown report 7/26: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including Wyatt Family in-ring debut, Del Rio vs. RVD match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- Parks, Greg (August 30, 2013). "Parks's WWE SmackDown report 8/30: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including Big Show and Dolph Ziggler on Miz TV". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Parks, Greg (September 20, 2013). "Parks's WWE SmackDown report 9/20: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including a gauntlet match involving The Shield and a host of babyfaces". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Caldwell, James (September 23, 2013). "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 9/23 (Hour 1): Triple H & Stephanie start the show, World champ in action". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Parks, Greg (October 11, 2013). "Parks's WWE SmackDown report 10/11: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth for the Intercontinental Title". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Clapp, John (February 23, 2014). "The Wyatt Family def. The Shield". wwe.com. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Caldwell, James. "Caldwell's WWE Raw Results 3/3: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Bryan vs. Batista, WM30 hype, new Tag Champs, C.M. Punk from start to finish, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- Howell, Nolan (April 9, 2014). "Main Event: Wyatts and Shield complete a trilogy". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- Parks, Greg (May 16, 2014). "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 5/16: Ongoing, not-quite-virtual time coverage of Friday show, including John Cena vs. a Wyatt Family member". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (June 29, 2014). "Caldwell's WWE MITB PPV results 6/29: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of WWE Title ladder match, MITB match, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (July 20, 2014). "Caldwell's WWE Battleground PPV report 7/20: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live PPV – Cena defends WWE Title, IC Title battle royal, Usos vs. Wyatts Tag Title match, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- "Raw News: Hell in a Cell, two items next week on Raw, Hogan & Heyman return to TV, IC Title match result, more". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "WWE Smackdown TV report - Cena & Ambrose vs. Orton & Kane". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Trionfo, Richard. (November 17, 2014). "WWE RAW REPORT: TEAM CENA IS FINALIZED; INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH; BRIE HAS A NEW LOOK; A ROCKY NIGHT FOR HALF OF SLATER-GATOR". PWInsider.com.
- Caldwell, James (November 23, 2014). "Caldwell's WWE S. Series PPV results 11/23: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of Team Cena vs. Team Authority, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- Tedesco, Mike. "WWE Raw Results – 12/1/14 (six-man tag team main event)". wrestleview.com. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (December 14, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE TLC PPV REPORT 12/14: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Cena vs. Rollins, Ambrose vs. Wyatt, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (January 5, 2015). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 1/5: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Ambrose vs. Wyatt ambulance match, The Authority returns, Cena Appreciation Night,. Later that night, Rowan was (storyline) fired from WWE after helping Cena beat The Authority at Survivor Series more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- Tedesco, Mike. "WWE RAW Results - 1/19/15 (Sting debuts on RAW)". wrestleview.com. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Tedesco, Mike. "WWE Smackdown Results - 1/22/15 (Bryan vs. Kane)". wrestleview.com. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- Caldwell, James. "Royal Rumble PPV Report 1/25: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of Lesnar vs. Cena vs. Rollins for WWE Title, Royal Rumble, post-PPV Network show". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- Melok, Bobby. "Seth Rollins, Kane & Big Show def. Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan & Ryback". wwe.com. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WM31 PPV REPORT 3/29 (Pre-Show): Tag Title match, Andre Battle Royal, final WM31 hype, Stooges, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Caldwell, James (May 11, 2015). "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 5/11: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - final Payback PPV hype, D-Bryan announces future, Triple H returns, more developments". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- Johnson, Mike (June 26, 2015). "Rowan update, WWE opposes Sting trademark & more WWE news". PWInsider. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- Caldwell, James (October 19, 2015). "Raw News – Stone Cold & big names appear, Orton pulled, Wyatt return, no Kane, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Martin, Adam (October 25, 2015). "WWE Hell in a Cell PPV Results". Wrestleview. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- Tedesco, Mike (October 26, 2015). "WWE RAW Results - 10/26/15". Wrestleview. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- "WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2015 results". WWE.com. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Murphy, Ryan. "Triple H won the 2016 Royal Rumble Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship". WWE. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "WWE Royal Rumble '16 Times". Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Caldwell, James. "1/24 WWE Royal Rumble PPV Results – CALDWELL'S Complete Live PPV Report". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- Caldwell, James. "4/3 WrestleMania 32 PPV Results – CALDWELL’S Complete Live Report on Main PPV". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 3, 2016.
- Adkins, Greg. "John Cena returns and joins The Rock at WrestleMania". WWE. Retrieved April 3, 2016.
- "Del Rio says League of Nations will be ending soon, Bray's injury sealed future". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Update – Bray Wyatt injured on WWE's European Tour". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- Johnson, Mike (March 25, 2016). "Luke Harper update". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "How to Rehab An ACL Injury: The Profile of Jon Huber (aka Luke Harper)". QwalityTV. YouTube. May 17, 2016. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Dot Net Exclusive WWE News: Erick Rowan undergoes surgery". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- Pereira, Chris (August 18, 2014). "WWE 2K15's Roster Revealed". GameSpot. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- Caldwell, James (September 1, 2015). "WWE news: 2K Sports unveils new characters in "WWE 2K16" - Batista, Rock, Rick Rude, Savage, Steph, many more variety of stars (w/Graphics)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "ERICK ROWAN VS. CESARO: SMACKDOWN, NOVEMBER 21, 2014 (2:26)". WWE. November 21, 2014. Archived from the original on December 3, 2014. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- James, Justin (December 25, 2014). "JAMES'S WWE SUPERSTARS REPORT 12/25: Rowan vs. Cesaro main event, Titus faces Gabriel". PWTorch. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- Bessler, Mike (February 1, 2015). "WWE Superstars Results: Erick Rowan Gets A Win, Fandango In Action". PWInsider. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- "SPOILERS FOR FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FOR SEPTEMBER 25, OCTOBER 2 AND 9: TWO NEW CHAMPIONS CROWNED AND ANOTHER ROLLINS/AMBROSE MATCH".
- McCarron, Rob. "WWE Raw TV report; Monday, 02 June 2014 19:30". f4wonline.com. Wrestling Observer. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "JEY USO VS. ERICK ROWAN: WWE SMACKDOWN, JUNE 13, 2014 (1:02)". WWE. June 13, 2014. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 10/11". PWTorch. October 11, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- "wwe-smackdown-results-12-13-13". WrestleView. December 13, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "Puroresu Central profile".
- "wwe-raw-results-1-6-14". WrestleView. June 1, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "wwe-smackdown-results-1-3-14". WrestleView. March 1, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "wwe-raw-results-12-30-13". WrestleView. December 30, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "wwe-smackdown-results-1-24-14". WrestleView. January 24, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Namako, Jason. "WWE NXT Results – 6/6/13 (Wyatt Family vs. Ohno/Graves)". WrestleView. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- Middleton, Marc (November 24, 2014). "Raw results 11–24–14". Lords of Pain. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- Burdick, Michael (January 24, 2014). "SmackDown Results: Punk and a slew of Superstars cause a massive fallout before the Rumble – Luke Harper & Erick Rowan def. The Prime Time Players". WWE. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- The Prime Time Players vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan: SmackDown, Jan. 24, 2014. WWE.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-10.
- Tons of Funk vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan: Raw, August 5, 2013. WWE.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-24.
- Tons of Funk vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper: WWE SmackDown, August 30, 2013. WWE.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-24.
- Trionfo, Richard (May 21, 2015). "WWE Main Event report: Two of the six teams in the Elimination Chamber tag title match in action, Harper and Rowan in action, did you Bolieve?, and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- Caldwell, James (June 8, 2015). "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 6/8: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – final MITB hype, WWE World champ loses to security team, NXT Open Challenge, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 9, 2015.
- "WWE Money In The Bank: Luke Harper And Erick Rowan Vs. The Usos (Tag Team Title Match)". WrestlingInc.com.
- "WWE Smackdown results (11/12): WWE Title Tournament, Bray Wyatt challenges Undertaker & Kane". WON/F4W - WWE news, Pro Wrestling News, WWE Results, UFC News, UFC results.
- Miller, Christian. "WWE NXT Recap: Women's Tournament Opening Round Begins, NXT Tag Titles Defended, More". Wrestling Inc. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- Johnson, Mike (December 2, 2014). "LOTS OF WWE NEWS AND NOTES". PWInsider.com. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Erick Rowan vs. Luke Harper: Raw". WWE.com. January 5, 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-09-08.
Former tag team partners do battle as "Big Red" Rowan faces the deranged Luke Harper.
- Wyatt, Bray (26 October 2015). Monday Night Raw.
Destruction, Desolation, Vengeance and Fear
- Bray Wyatt intends to "play God" inside Hell in a Cell: WWE.com Exclusive, October 21, 2015. YouTube. 21 October 2015.
- "BUZZ tv Wrestling Ep8 Daryl Hall vs. Thoruf Marius". YouTube. January 27, 2008. Retrieved July 5, 2015.
- "WWE: Live in Fear (Bray Wyatt) – Single". Apple Inc. Archived from the original on December 30, 2014. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- " "WWE:"Swamp Gas (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) – Single"".[permanent dead link]
- " "WWE:"Sheepherder (Erick Rowan) – Single"".[permanent dead link]
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2014". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 27, 2014). "Jan 27 2014 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: 2013 Annual awards issue, best in the world in numerous categories, plus all the news in pro-wrestling and MMA over the past week and more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Campbell, California: 34. ISSN 1083-9593.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Erick Rowan.|