|Date of birth||3 September 1992|
|Place of birth||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2010||United States U20||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 August 2012.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 May 2010
With an American mother and a Norwegian father, Benjaminsen has represented both Norway and the United States at youth international level.
Benjaminsen has a Norwegian father and an American mother and was born in San Francisco. He lived in Fresno, California for six years before his family moved to Norway. As a young boy, Benjaminsen joined Hauger FK, but at the age of fifteen he moved to Stabæk. He worked his way through the youth system, playing for the U-19 team and the reserve team.
Benjaminsen made his debut for the senior team in the first round of the 2010 Norwegian Cup, coming on as a substitute in a 12-1 demolition of Høland IL. Benjaminsen signed a professional contract in August 2010, making him eligible for league play.
Like his teammate Mix Diskerud, Benjaminsen is a dual national holding both Norwegian and American citizenship. Also like Diskerud, Benjaminsen has played for Norwegian youth teams in informal competitions. However, in 2009 Benjaminsen said that, "I am 100% American. I always have been. My goal is to make the US national team. It has always been my dream. If I were to get a call [from US Under-20 team coach Thomas Rongen], I would take it in a heartbeat."
Future callups were not forthcoming from the US U-20 camp and in September 2010, Benjaminsen accepted a callup to the Norwegian under-19 team. He made his official debut for the team on September 29 in a 2-0 loss to Estonia U-19 in a qualifier for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship.
- Bell, Arch (November 9, 2009). "BRIGHT FUTURE AWAITING BENJAMINSEN". Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Høland-Stabæk". May 13, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Stabæk-kontrakt for Benjaminsen". Budstikka (in Norwegian). 23 August 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- "Rongen Finalizes U-20 Roster for the Cor Groenewegen in the Netherlands". May 5, 2010. Archived from the original on May 14, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- Bakkehaug, Wegard (19 September 2010). "Stabæk-kompiser med felles USA-drøm" (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. Retrieved 4 November 2012.