Erik Johansson (artist)
Johansson in 2013
|Born||April 1985 (age 33)|
|Education||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Known for||surrealist photography|
|The Funny Blogger|
Erik Johansson (born April 1985) is a Swedish-born artist based in Prague who creates surreal images by recombining photographs and other materials. He captures ideas by combining images in new ways to create what looks like a real photograph, yet with logical inconsistencies to impart an effect of surrealism. Some finished images are the combination of "hundreds of original photographs" as well as raw materials, and Johansson spends dozens of hours using image manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop to alter the image digitally and to illustrate his idea. Reporter Robert Krulwich wrote that Johansson creates a "meticulous fantasy" which is "part photograph, part construction, part drawing" with "so many layers of foolery in his images, you can't pull the illusion apart, it fits together so perfectly."
- FAQ & Biography Archived 2014-07-06 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved Oct. 16, 2014
- Corey Charlton (10 September 2014). "Landscapes that are out of this world: Artist creates fantastically surreal vistas". The Daily Mail. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
...A photographer ... incredibly surreal images using a combination of raw materials, original photography and Adobe Photoshop alterations. Erik Johansson, originally from Sweden, ....
- "Post-photography: when artists go wild with cameras - in pictures". The Guardian. 2 October 2014. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
...Go Your Own Road, 2008, by Erik Johansson....
- Robert Krulwich (August 24, 2014). "Roadways You Can Install Like Throw Rugs". NPR. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
...He's a photographer and, as he puts it modestly, "a retouch artist" from Sweden, based in Berlin. What you see here is a meticulous fantasy — part photograph, part construction, part drawing. There are so many layers of foolery in his images, you can't pull the illusion apart, it fits together so perfectly ...
- "Erik Johanssons foton lever i en tredimensionell verklighet". Sverigesradio. March 6, 2014. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
...Erik Johansson från Holmestad arbetar som retuscherande fotograf och sann artist. ...
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Erik Johansson at TED
- NPR report with video of Johansson at work
- Photoshop prank on YouTube
|This article about a Swedish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|