||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Erik Mona (born April 1974) is an American game designer.
Erik Mona was the editor of the Oerth Journal, an online publication devoted to the World of Greyhawk campaign setting, from issues 3-7. In the 1990s, Mona had the opportunity to talk to designers like Robert Kuntz on the GreyTalk mailing list in 1990s, where Kuntz shared stories of the early Greyhawk days.:242 Mona and other editors later working at Paizo Publishing were fans of Greyhawk, and thus gave some attention to the setting in Dragon and Dungeon magazines while Paizo was publishing the magazines.:177 Mona served as the editor-in-chief of Dragon beginning in 2004 and Dungeon from 2004 to 2006; at the time, both magazines were published by Paizo Publishing, until the license through Wizards of the Coast expired in September 2007. He has edited, authored, and co-authored several products for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, including the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, Faiths and Pantheons, Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss, Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk (a "solid hit")), Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, and Armies of the Abyss.
Mona became the head publisher of Paizo Publishing in April 2006. He maintained a blog called Lemuria Press and lives in Seattle, Washington. Mona made his last post on Lemuria Press on December 25th, 2012.
- Various pages accessible from RPGnet RPG Game Index: The Oerth Journal Magazine Cover Listing. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- "Paizo Publishing Appoints Erik Mona Editor-In-Chief Of Dragon & Dungeon Magazine". Gamingreport.com. Archived from the original on 2004-10-31.
- Bradford C. Walker (2002-08-05). "Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Capsule review)". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- Jeff Klingbeil (2002-11-29). "Faiths and Pantheons (Capsule review)". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-11-22.[permanent dead link]
- Christopher W. Richeson (2006-08-25). "Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss (Capsule review)". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "RPGamer review". Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Writing Credits". Pen & Paper RPG Database. Archived from the original on 2005-02-19.
- "Goodreads: Erik Mona". Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- Alan D. Kohler (2002-05-05). "Armies of the Abyss (Capsule review)". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Erik Mona Promoted to Publisher of Paizo Publishing". Paizo.com.
- "lemuriapress - Profile". lemuriapress.livejournal.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-08. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "Erik Mona | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "Lemuria Press". lemuriapress.livejournal.com. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
|This biographical article relating to a role-playing game designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a print editor of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|