|Occupation||Author, Keynote Speaker, Professor|
Erik Qualman is an American author of Socialnomics, which according to WorldCat, is held in 1090 libraries. He is also the author of Digital Leader and What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube. In 2010, Socialnomics was a Book of the Year finalist as voted on by the American Marketing Association. In 2012 he was a finalist for the Most Likeable Author Award alongside Seth Godin and JK Rowling.
Qualman is from Rochester Hills, Michigan, and received a BA in Marketing from Michigan State University. He also holds an MBA from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas. Qualman delivered the commencement address to the McCombs graduating class of 2011.
Aside from being an author, Qualman is also a professional keynote speaker. Prior to his writing and speaking career Qualman worked in online marketing and eBusiness functions at Cadillac & Pontiac (1994–97), AT&T (1998–2000), Yahoo (2000–03), EarthLink (2003–05) and Travelzoo (Head of Marketing 2005-08).
Qualman delivered the keynote address at IBM's 2013 Business Connect in Milan, Italy. He was a featured speaker at BookExpo America 2009, presenting to those in attendance on how social media is transforming the way people live and do business. Qualman also was the keynote speaker at Europe's Fiber To The Home (FTTH) Council Meeting in Lisbon,.
He has been written about in Mashable, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, Forbes, and The Huffington Post He has also been interviewed on radio and television discussing his view on digital trends.
Awards and recognition
Top 25 Communications Professors on Twitter (source: Stukent) 
Top 50 Social Media Influencer (source: Forbes) 
- Digital Leader
- What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube
- What Happens on Campus Stays on YouTube
- WorldCat item record
- Best Book 2010 AMA
- Commencement - Erik Qualman McCombs
- "BusinessWeek: So Many Ads, So Few Clicks"
- "Book Expo America"
- "FTTH Keynote"
- "Mashable Socialnomics Video Review"
- "BusinessWeek: Behind Those Web Mergers"
- "New York Times: Twitter Outage"
- " Forbes: Why Write Books?
- *"The Huffington Post, August 2009"
- "Building Social Media Radio Interview with Erik Qualman"
- "CBS News: What is Socialnomics?"
- "TOP 25 INFLUENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS PROFESSORS ON TWITTER"
- "Forbes: Who Are The Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers, 2013?