Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
|Occupation||Author, keynote speaker, professor|
Erik Qualman is an American author of Socialnomics, which according to WorldCat, is held in 1090 libraries. He is also the author of Digital Leader,What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube and The Focus Project . In 2010, Socialnomics was a Book of the Year finalist as voted on by the American Marketing Association. In 2012 he was a finalist for the "Most Likeable Author Award" alongside Seth Godin and JK Rowling.
Qualman is from Rochester Hills, Michigan, and received a BA in marketing from Michigan State University. He also holds an MBA from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas. Qualman delivered the commencement address to the McCombs graduating class of 2011. Lake Superior State University awarded Qualman an honorary doctorate for his work and accomplishments in the field of digital leadership. 
Aside from being an author, Qualman is also a professional keynote speaker. Prior to his writing and speaking career Qualman worked in online marketing and eBusiness functions at Cadillac & Pontiac (1994 to 1997), AT&T (1998 to 2000), Yahoo (2000 to 2003), EarthLink (2003 to 2005) and Travelzoo (Head of Marketing 2005 to 2008). Qualman was a professor at the Hult International Business School.
In 2021 Qualman became the first male speaker to address the audience at the Indy Women in Tech Summit. Qualman delivered the keynote address at IBM's 2013 Business Connect in Milan, Italy. He was a featured speaker at BookExpo America 2009, presenting to those in attendance on how social media is transforming the way people live and do business. Qualman also was the keynote speaker at Europe's Fiber To The Home (FTTH) Council Meeting in Lisbon,.
He has been written about in Mashable, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, Forbes, and The Huffington Post He has also been interviewed on radio and television discussing his view on digital trends.
Awards and recognition
- Top 25 Communications Professors on Twitter (source: Stukent) 
- Top 50 Social Media Influencer (source: Forbes) 
- Digital Leader
- What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube
- What Happens on Campus Stays on YouTube
- The Focus Project
- WorldCat item record
- "Best Book 2010 AMA". Archived from the original on 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Announcing the 2012 Likeable Awards Finalists | Likeable".
- Commencement - Erik Qualman McCombs
- Honorary Doctorate Recipient - Erik Qualman
- "BusinessWeek: So Many Ads, So Few Clicks"
- "A game-changing sequel to Socialnomics by digital pioneer and Hult International Business School Professor Erik Qualman is making waves around the world. hult.edu". 26 January 2012.
- "Book Expo America" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-10-05. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- "FTTH Keynote"[permanent dead link]
- "Mashable Socialnomics Video Review"
- "BusinessWeek: Behind Those Web Mergers"
- "New York Times: Twitter Outage"
- " Forbes: Why Write Books?
- *"The Huffington Post, August 2009"
- "Building Social Media Radio Interview with Erik Qualman". Archived from the original on 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "CBS News: What is Socialnomics?"
- "TOP 25 INFLUENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS PROFESSORS ON TWITTER"
- "Forbes: Who Are The Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers, 2013?